My name is Frederick, but I am called Fred.
I enjoy all types of postcards. A postwoman who once delivered mail on our road told me she knows my address in particular because of the various and unusual postcards she regularly delivers to my mailbox.
My hobbies are travelling, motorcycling, bicycling, vintage fountain pens (which I use to write my postcards) and writing and receiving postcards from around the world. As you will see, I mail vintage postcards as well as modern postcards. Some are old photo postcards circa 1910-1925. When I can, I use vintage postage stamps, especially on old cards.
I would like to swap with someone from Le Locle in the Neuchâtel region of Switzerland, from whence my surname originates. Postcards of Le Locle would be appreciated as well!
NOTE: The domestic and international postal systems are in disarray, so arrival dates continue to have little correlation to posting dates.
I look forward to writing to everyone!
Anyone for the following postcards? I have many, especially the older 3x5in/9x14cm vintage size. The following are just examples:
- railways and trams: steam diesel electric
- vintage and modern postcards of Pennsylvania
- vintage postcards of western North Carolina
- vintage postcards of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- vintage and modern postcards of US states and Canada provinces, western Europe, Japan, China
- modern postcards of Amish
- vintage photo cards ca. 1915-1925 (my favorite)
- vintage and modern cards of art and architecture
- vintage postcards of hotels and motels
- modern postcards of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings