Hello Postcross Fan,
My name is Brenda and I am living together with my partner Matthijs in the capital of our 12th province Flevoland called Lelystad. At the moment I am in between jobs. I am doing some volunteer work to do something useful. I am helping refugees with the Dutch language and answering question in the visitor centre of our local nature park.
My hobby's are travelling, walking, cycling, bird watching, reading and geocaching. Everyday I try to practice Zhi Neng Qigong.
On the back of the postcard I love to receive tips what not to miss in your city/village/country or maybe a book you advice to read. A beautiful drawing is also nice! You are free to write whatever you want. Please don't forget your name it is nice to know it when I want to thank you and register your card.
If possible I love a colourful stamp or stamp of dogs, ice bears and other animals on the card or envelop.
I REALLY REALLY DON'T like cards which have too much dark colours or typical tourist/cityview cards. Dark colours make me feel depressed. I love light and bright colours. So please if possible try not to send this types of cards. I know sometimes tourist cards are the only card sold in your city. Than you can always try to send your own creation. Selfmade cards are more than welcome. I just like living things more than concrete buildings.
Below ideas are just to help you choose if you don't know what to send. I am already grateful that you sent me a card to brighten up my day..
- Backpacking/Explore cards
- Chocolate or Nutella cards
- cards with a coordinate on it (or geocaching)
- 3D cards
- Illustrations on Novel Paper (f.i. Jess Purser / Matt Dinniman)
- illustrations (colourfull)
- illustrated Polar bear, Panda or Hippo cards (no photo cards)
- Keep Calm cards or Life, Travel & Chocolate quotes
- Unofficial Greetings like the Postallove ones
- Wooden Card
- Yoga Animals
- Plastic bottle with letter or other strange object to send
- Seasoncards (Holi, Easter, Eid al-Fitr, Birthday, Halloween, Diwali, Christmas etc. around that date)
Or have a look in my favourites. Most of them I haven't received.
If you want to make Matthijs happy. Send him a card instead of me with a game. (f.i. Where is Wally/Waldo?, Lali, find the difference, Labyrinth, Sudoku etc)
I do collect also some brands/designers but decided not to mention them here. If you want to know which brands I collect you can have a look in my albums:
There you can find all the cards I received via postcrossing, Facebook or instagram.