Hello from Belgium. My name is Annie. I'm 52. I live in a quiet suburb of Brussels with my husband and my daughter Alexia (17).
Thank you for reading my profile.
About Belgium: a small country near France, Germany and Netherlands. We try to manage to live with 3 small Regions (Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels) and 3 languages (French, Dutch en German); not so easy but very interesting.
Brussels is multicultural. At school, at work, outside, everywhere you hear a mix of native and foreign languages. There are many international & European organisations.
Famous Belgian people: Stromae, Jacques Brel. Painters: Rubens, Magritte, Delvaux, Ensor ... . We have all read comics from Belgian authors: Tintin - Hergé, the Smurfs, Spirou, Thorgal, Gaston Lagaffe, Lucky Luke, Boule & Bill (Billy & Buddy) ...
Love our national football team, the Red Devils.
Our sense of humor is very special, mine as well.
I read a lot, like cooking and baking. We eat chocolate every day (Belgian chocolate for sure). No car, always by foot (within walking distance) or use public transport.
- Postcrossing's meetings
- Japanese & Chineese calligraphy
- Puffins, cats, rabbits, hedgehogs, owls, squirrels, whale tail, butterflies
- Michey Mouse, The Aristocats, Harry Potter
- Cards from illustrator Jehanne Weyman
- Irish or Scottish landscapes, British cottages, Celtic themes
- Spring flowers narcissi (zoom), poppies, autumn leaves
- Star Wars.
- Tennis, Roger Federer, Wimbledon ...
- Love/harts, Keep calm
- Colored doors
- Maps of countries, US States maps
- Fjords, Norway's map, Hurtigruten's boats
- Books & libraries
- Touristic cards, Unesco heritage
- Tower Bridge / London,
- The Queen Elisabeth II, the British Royal family
- Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's day, Easter.
- Typical mail boxes
But we don't appreciate computer printouts and advertising please.
Birthday cards :-) Annie 15 Nov, Alexia 12 Dec - thank you so much.
We like stamps showing animals, flowers, food or representing Her Majesty the Queen Elisabeth II, the British Royal family. Last year, I have received a card from Switzerland, Roger Federer on the stamp, just a dream, great, waoooh!
It will be a pleasure to receive your postcard.
Please tell something about you, your city, hobbies. A word in your language...
We appreciate Postcrossing very very much.
Esperluette means : "&" . I like this symbol "and"
Member Facebook "Postcrossing Francophone"