I am a 63 year old retired programmer. I have been a widow for almost 10 years. I now live with my boyfriend Tim in a small house in the Houston suburbs . I am originally from a small town in Iowa. I have lived in Iowa, Washington,DC, Wisconsin, Sweden, and now Texas for over 30 years.
We recently had to have my cat to sleep. Odie was 17 and had diabetes. He had recently gone blind and was having breathing problems. The veterinarian and we decided it was time for him to go to a better place. I miss him so much. We have been tied down caring for his diabetes for 2 years so now we plan to travel A LOT!
I have many ties to Sweden, as my husband was from there, my step-daughter lives there, and my father's parents immigrated from there in the 1800's. My mother's side of the family were from Germany and France. I have traced them back to the 1500's.
I am interested in genealogy. assemblage, quilting, gardening and paper arts.My other hobbies are making jewelry, metalsmithing, and collage.
- anything Halloween, especially in October.
- art cards.
- unusual stamps to use in my artwork and artistic postcards.
- Finns...I like Kaj Stenvall and Moomintroll and IDERI.
- cards that have words in your language in the picture.
- CATS especially black and white cats.
- Halloween, witches
- pictures of your country's money
- crafts like quilting, embroidery, weaving, metalsmithing etc.]\
- Russians, I like the nesting dolls, especially weird ones.
I also like the cartoon cats with no legs and skinny tails called
- Hello Kitty
- Also my horoscope sign is Scorpio and my Chinese year sign is the Ox.
- Birthday cards in November and Christmas cards in December.
I do not like scenery card or ad cards or cards with pictures of children.
Any pretty card is fine!!!