My name is Ellen, I'm around 40 years old and I work in a library.
As a hobby I like to do a bit of crafting and bookbinding. I'm addicted to washi tape and have a large collection.
I have a great love for everything with rainbows and/or stars.
My favourite colour is blue and my favourite flowers are cornflowers.
A few years ago, my husband and I bought a small house with a garden, and it's a dream come true for me.
For postcards, I like:
- Books (no surprise there) / stationary
- Rainbow / colours
- Stars / galaxies / space
- Tree of life
- Art Nouveau art
- Art Deco / Arts and Crafts architecture and furniture
- Male and female pin-ups
- Harry Potter (Hufflepuff pride!) / Fantastic Beasts
- Autumn / Halloween
- Cats and tigers
- Small garden birds, like sparrows, robins and tits
- Lantern press / Lou Paper
- Freddie Mercury for my husband
- Tv shows: BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who (10th Doctor/David Tennant), Emmerdale (a British soap), Unter uns (german soap/ Lars Steinhöfel), Stargate, Buffy, Numb3rs and MCU ( mostly Loki and Captain America)
- Birthday cards are welcome late October / early November
- Christmas / New Years cards all year round :)
- People from Germany/Köln: I fell in love with Köln, so postcards with Köln Cathedral are very welcome!
Have a look through my favourites for some ideas about what I like.
Handmade cards are very welcome. Please no tourist cards, save those for someone who will appreciate them more than I can.
I prefer if you can send the postcard in an envelope so the postcards don't get damaged. (I do know in some countries this is more expensive. So don't worry, it's only a preference.)
Feel free to decorate the postcard with stickers, washi tape, stamps or a doodle. I'm a washi tape addict, so if you have any, share some with me. (If you send me some extra's in an envelope with your return address, I'll return the favour)
If you don't know what to write: let me know what or who you like to read. I manage our dvd collection at work, so any suggestions for good movies or tv shows are always welcome.
If you're a Harry Potter fan, what is your Hogwarts house?