welcome to my profile, let's get to know each other a bit.
I am Eka, I was born in 1975 and I live in a small town at the confluence of Slovakia's largest rivers, in Komárno. It is a historically very important place, one of the Hungarian kings was born here, our medieval fortress aspires to be included in the UNESCO list.
Where is Slovakia?
It is a small state between Poland and Hungary, very rich in forests, mineral springs, and almost every village has a manor or castle.
Who am I?
A nearly blind woman walking with crutches. I work as an editor in an online newspaper and I enjoy my work very much. I also enjoy postcrossing - since I am a communicative person, I like to be in contact with other people, and postcards allow me to do that. I love good coffee, reading (although I've only been reading audiobooks for years), I'm a "maniac" for handbags and earrings (but if someone gives me a choice of postcards and anything else, I'll choose postcards). I love my wonderful home, it is a real haven of peace and love for me.
What postcards do I collect?
- coffee, tea, food https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6976170; https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6971960
- Harry Potter https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6935543
- keep calm and... https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6934711
- transportation https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/7584828
- fashion, folk costumes https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6971559
- famous people https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6947068
- hands https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/7583524
- bridges - connect us and connecting is very important https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/7587708
- interior of Christian churches
- postcrossing, post office https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/7583762
- meetup cards - I love them because meetings are full of fantastic atmosphere https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6936459 First, I will get to know a new place and then I will meet people who will not look at me as an "alien" during an hour-long conversation about postcards
- people with disabilities https://eu.zonerama.com/swap-notswap-postcards/Album/6972162
- urbex - although no one will take me to photograph an abandoned building, I love the videos of Slovak urbexers. These are the guys who walk into an abandoned building, take pictures/film it and move on without damaging or taking anything.
However, every postcard pleases me, because a postcard is like a bridge between the two of us.
Oh, one more request.
Please write your name legibly on your postcard. Since I'm almost blind, you'll make my life a lot easier - I don't like to start my "hooray" with "hello friend". It's so impersonal.
So you already know me a bit. Thank you for reading this far, it shows