Postcrossing, I love it !
It gives me so much joy and friendship, brings me a new view on art, culture, traditions, countries. I've met many people in person, but of course more through writing. It's so amazing the internet gives us the opportunity to get connected to people from different countries. For me every card is a little glimpse of friendship across borders, languages and cultures. Postcrossing is more than just sending cards !
Please, write me a bit about your life, your day,whatever you want to tell...I'm looking forward to it.
I'm also an active member of the Forum.
I'm living in Apeldoorn, in the middle/east of the Netherlands. It's a nice and quiet place to live. I used to work as a pastoral counselor in a Mental Health Institute. Now I'm retired.
I like many things....photography, reading, cooking, baking, architecture, history,art, culture. Life isn't long enough ;)
I'm taking a course about the history of photography. So interesting ! So, if you have photography cards, esp depicting older photos, I would be happy .
I like languages. Dutch, English, German and French are languages I can speak, read and write. I followed a course in Russian. Too short - I can read it a little bit.
Wishes (It's not a must!) and subjects I'm interested in:
*the country, region or town you're living, its history,art,traditions,traditional clothing,food, religion !,politics !, UNESCO WHS, something that is special to you. For Germany: I like papersisters cards ! und Chronik Karten ! For USA: Lantern Press.
more specified wishes:
*corona related cards
*illustrations, drawings from artists like: Norman Rockwell, Emma Srncova, Anna Silivonchik, Yana Poyarkova, Lena Gnedkova, Rachel Ignotovsky (women in science) and many more. Surprise me ! I've learned about many lovely artists because someone have sent me a card.
* art (19th, 20th century (Hopper !), naieve art)
* modern architecture: Bauhaus, de Stijl, Russian Constructivism, etc
* doors, windows, chimneys (!), tiles,etc.
* people (history, nowadays, important people from your country, just people, minorities in your country, native people)
* photography (b&w) and art which is a mix of photography and painting/ drawing
* books, reading, library, writing, alphabeth, post, mail
*How to be British
* female Gods or women who play or played an important role in a religion, like: Maria/ Mary/ Mirjam, Quanyin (Kwan Yin),Chang'e (taiyin xingjun/太陰星君) Shakti, and many more.
*ships and harbours: my father was working as an engineer on a cargo ship to the Far East in the 50/60's. So especially cargo ships are very welcome.
*Series like Greetings From, FOTW, etc
* Postcrossing meeting cards
My Favourite wall is a wishlist.
But be sure I like your card - and I will tell you in the Hurray...
My collections you can see here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/140246758@N02/collections
Thank you for reading my profile !