!! Can you please send me an origami crane? Or a sheet of origami paper? I am collecting cranes from around the world and I would be happy to have one from you!
Hello - I'm Misty!
I live near Atlanta in the state of Georgia. I have been teaching high school social studies for the last 4 years: US and European History, Mythology and Government, and I love my job and my kids!!! Now, I am the school librarian / media specialist so that has been a new adventure. I have degrees in History, religion, and education. I love reading, going to the movies, listening to music, lounging with my lizards, and chilling with my cats! I have had the great opportunity to visit several countries including the very beautiful Egypt and New Zealand.
I'm always looking for long term penpals or book buddies! So, if you would like a response please let me know :)
I love every card I receive!!! but if you'd like to look through my preferences - they are below! :)
~ Please NO impersonal, ad, free or electronic postcards!!! I put a lot of thought into mine and these make me sad!
~ Holiday cards are always great! Tell me a favorite tradition or memory you have!
~ I collect coins and currency if you would like to send something in an envelope!!!
I'll be happy to receive whatever you send but if you're really looking to make me smile...
- Country specific postcards: landscapes, famous buildings, zoos, history... anything indicative of where you're from!
- If you're in the States please send a card with a well known monument or landscape! I have a map on my wall where we stick these!
- WITCHES, Black Cats and Halloween but please no zombies (yuck) or clowns/puppets (too creepy even for me)
- Books, Anime and Final Fantasy
- Astronomy (Moon, Stars, etc)
- Tigers, Owls, Squirrels, Wolves, Foxes
- Recipe Cards
- Gotochi cards! I know these take a bit more so I always send a thank you card!
- Language of Stamps Postcards :)
- If you don't immediately have one of these in your collection, I am very happy to receive whatever card that you would like!
If you don't know what to write, maybe say why you picked the card you did? Write something from your native language on the card: quote, song lyric, common saying? If you would like to translate for me that's great, but if not I'll be happy to research it! :)
If you are from a *SPANISH* speaking country - Please write your postcard in Spanish :) I would love the practice.
If you are from *JAPAN* - Please write your card in Japanese (hiragana/katakana) I don't know as many Kanji as I should... -.-' Actually, please give me a new Kanji that I can learn!