A new topic for 2021: I think it would be interesting to get postcards about some aspect of the COVID pandemic, about staying at home or wearing masks - serious or funny.
Now then, mainly I would love to see sights from your part of the world that show why you enjoy living there. I like seeing new places and discovering somewhere I should visit on my next trip. And I would prefer a real stamp over the metered barcode type of postage if possible and convenient for you as I think you can learn a lot about a place by seeing who and what they honor with their stamps.
I enjoy seeing historic sites.
I love history, particularly about women's rights, so I always welcome cards about women's rights/voting (suffrage) in your country.
I love animals, especially rhinos and giraffes.
I am an avid reader and especially love Shakespeare and Austen and quotes from their works.
I'm a fan of folk art, especially quilts and Russian nesting dolls.
John Singer Sargent and Gustave Caillebotte are my favorite artists so cards of their works are always welcome.
I enjoy silent movies - Harold Lloyd in particular.
I like Winnie the Pooh & Peanuts - Woodstock is my favorite.
I love flowers, especially the bulb flowers - iris, tulips, daffodils.
Baseball is my favorite sport & the Los Angeles Dodgers is my favorite team.
I also like old postcards or a new postcard with an old photo/view.
Coca-Cola is also cool, particularly the vintage Coke ads.
I'm a fan of both Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles.
I LOVE vintage travel posters.
I think metro/subway stations are cool.
And, if there is such a thing as a postcard of Richard Madden or Tom Burke, I would be EXTREMELY happy to see one arrive in my mailbox:-)
**If you're from Ukraine, I would LOVE a postcard of the Potemkin Steps.
**If you're from China, I really enjoy the Shaanxi peasant paintings.
No ad or homemade cards please!
And while I do like that some people take the time to write a letter, I do prefer postcards and would love nothing more than a view of your beautiful country instead of a sheet of paper with a note, no matter how thoughtful the intention.
These never arrived at their destination - Please let me know if you ever receive them.
1. US-5328264 to Taiwan mailed 16.5.18
2. US-5349588 to Scotland mailed 29.5.18
3. US-5516297 to Germany mailed 21.8.18
4. US-5801101 to France mailed 21.1.19
5. US-5801136 to India mailed 21.1.19
6. US-5801184 to Netherlands mailed 21.1.19
7. US-58223123 to China mailed 1.2.19
8. US-5944352 to China mailed 5.4.19
9. US-6086513 to Taiwan mailed 19.6.19
10. US-6271102 to China mailed 22 Sep 2019
11. US-6322098 to China mailed 19 Oct 2019
12. US-6349557 to Germany mailed 2 Nov 2019
13. US-6412217 to Taiwan mailed 5 Dec 2019
14. US-6569014 to Russia mailed 29 Feb 2020