Hi, my name is Catharina and I live in a very small village in Germany. I'm librarian and of course I like reading and talking about books. If you like you can tell me about your favourite book or author. Beside of books I'm interested in classical music, operas, art and botany. If you also like operas and theatre plays so please tell me about the last play you have seen or other chitchat :)
Since I have startet Postcrossing I'm more and more interested in stamps, there are so many beautiful stamps out there. You would make me very happy if you can put some nice stamps on the card (don't worry, I will not destroy the postcard to collect stamps, I simply love to look at them).
You don't have a clue what to send? Here some hints :)
- your hometown,
- nature or landscapes,
- close ups from natural objects
- Greetings from ... (Postalove) (I received: Aland Islands, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Japan, USA)
- churches, cathedrals and monasteries
- royalities (especially Romanov),
- vintage and idylic sceneries,
- ballet, opera, theatre
- paintings from Monet, Mucha, Renoir and similar painters, watercolor, chinese or japanese traditional ink painting
- Louis de Funes
I like normal tourist postcards, multi or single view doesn't matter.
I don't like:
- advertisment and free cards,
- low quality selfmade and selfprinted cards (except they are really good and look like postcards),
- weapons, guns,
- modern art.
But that's just a hint, it's your choice :)
It would be great if you could write the date and a little about yourself, your city and the country you live. Or you tell me what you can see when you look out of the window? Maybe you could write some lines in your language with an english translation?
Happy Postcrossing and thank you!
About direct swaps: I'm not interested in direct swaps at general, but if you like a specific card on my sent postcards, please feel free to ask.