Hello! My name’s Diana. I live with my husband and 11-year-old daughter in Grodno, Belarus.
I like spending time with my family. We often go out for walks through the forest and down to the river or cycle when it's warm. We also enjoy traveling in our car, exploring new places and observing birds and animals in the wild. I do love and respect all the living creatures that inhabit our planet.
I enjoy visiting libraries and used bookstores and have lots of books at home (I used to work at a medical library). I read a lot including books for children. I like buying books, I like being around books and I like breathing new life into old books by repairing them. I also write stories and fairy-tales for kids.
My husband and I love dancing (Afro-Latin social dances), going to the theatre and planning our future trips.
We have a pet. It's an adorable cat named Kuzia we got as a present from Santa three years ago. My daughter says Kuzia is her bestest best friend ever. He is a cutie and we all love him very much.
I collect books, stamps, stamped envelopes with postal markings, first day covers and mail art envelopes.
I would appreciate any kind of postcards. But if you are at a loss which card to choose, here are some hints:
- illustrations from children's books (Pettson and Findus, Pippi Longstocking and any others)
- books, writers, libraries, bookstores
- composers, sheet music, piano, accordion
- scientists, inventors, explorers
- ceramics and colourfully painted porcelain; samovars; tea
- dance related cards
- animals, birds
- boats and ships
- maps, flags, coats of arms
- concentration camps, war-related postcards
- Richard Gere, Colin Firth, Константин Хабенский
- Christmas cards (with Santa, snowmen, dwarfs, kids, animals) all the year round
Nice stamps and stickers are welcome)))
Some ideas of what to write about on a postcard:
- your favourite book when you were a child/teenager or books your kids/grandkids like/used to like reading;
- your pets;
- your bucket list