My name is Nathan!
I like to walk, hike, go camping, investigate things and pretty much stay outside. I also love to write, hence Postcrossing.
Of course, it's hard to like writing if you don't also love reading: some of my favorite authors are Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, Mark Twain, Truman Capote, John Steinbeck and countless others. Book recommendations are ALWAYS appreciated.
I would truly prefer all postcards to be REAL postcards, in the sense that you write a message and put a real stamp(s) on them. I don't know why everybody doesn't do this, but I guess people are just scared of licking the backs. It DOES kind of taste like bananas...
Don't know what to write?
- Why do you get out of bed in the morning?
- When you drink coffee, what first comes to mind?
- Is it easy to get marijuana where you live (its legality is being debated worldwide and I am interested in cultural perspectives)?
- When you look at a sunset, do you get a fuzzy feeling? Why?
- Have you ever been to India?
- What is your favorite subject to study?
- Any tips on how to live a more fascinating or enchanted life?
and so on...
I'm interested in the media of different countries.
- How free is your press?
- Do you read the newspaper/local media?
- What are popular magazines in your country?
- TV networks?
- Have any major scandals occurred recently?
It is perfectly fine for anyone to send me religious/holiday/political postcards.
I know that I have checked "direct swap" in my profile, but sometimes I am unable to comply with requests. Please ask and we'll talk. Cool? Cool.
Sadly, I do not own the DeLorean in my picture...or any DeLorean.