My name is Daria (or informal, Dasha), I live in Moscow. I've studied at Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Trust me, I'm an engineer :)
I'm interested in biomedical technique (my professional field), books. I can read anything: from historical romance to space travelling and science fiction.
I understood amazing opportunities of postcrossing after self send-receiving postcards from my trips. Postcrossing is a way of travelling and learning about new cultures, lifestyles.
If you need some tips about what to send, here are themes, that fascinate me a lot:
- cards about your country (sights, view of your city, nature, achitecture, castles, UNESCO)
- scientists and their inventions
- women in science (I've postcards about Annie Easley, Gerty Cori)
- engineering, mechanisms, tools
- universe, stars, space, sky, sunrise/sunset
- night lights of a city
- The Big Bang Theory (both TV serial and science)
- your national/regional traditional meal, recipes
- drinks and spices
- wild animals
- blue cats by Rina Zeniuk
- cartoons (especially 'Chip and Dale', 'The Lion King', 'Minions')
- purple, lavender colors
- underground (stations, maps, trains)
- greating cards in december/january (Birthday, New year, Christmas)
Don't worry, I'll be glad to receive any beautiful, cute or interesting postcards!
Please, write me a bit information about yourself: maybe something about your town, job, hobbies, pets. If you like reading books or watching movies (serials), please, name last book or film that you enjoyed. You can write curious facts about the place where the card is from. That will be nice to know temperature and weather in your region as well.
I like cards without envelope, but if you want send me anything else, you can use envelope.
Enjoy your day and happy postcrossing!