Hi I am Monique, originally from the Netherlands but I moved to Edinburgh, Scotland in March 2008. I am an artist, a Dutch tutor and I worked for five years as a bus tour guide in Edinburgh. I volunteer at a local printer's/ workshop called Bare Branding where I have some of my art on display: www.bare-branding.co.uk.
I would describe myself a bit of a nomad as I love travelling whenever I can and have the money to do so. The photo is me at Loch Ness on a day trip there and sorry to disappoint you I had no encounter with Nessie 😊
My hobbies are writing poems/stories for a magazine called The Bugle ( www.edinburghbugle.com), singing , swimming, crafting, gardening, drawing and painting, upcycling furniture. I like to go out on my bicycle and explore the city and beyond.
I love receiving any postcard that shows specific things about the country you live in, hand made cards and funny cards will do too . It'll be nice if you could write something more than hello and bye. What are you dreaming of? Do you have any unusual hobbies/interests? Or experienced anything unusual? Stuff like that.
I like a lot of different things but the list below is not a 'must' and only there to help you choose a card if you don't know what to send. I like to learn more about other cultures and postcrossing is a great way to do just that 😊
* animals/wildlife and pets (wolves, foxes, owls, raccoons, squirrels, mice etc),
* arts (Chagall, JOLOMO, Mucha, Picasso, Kahlo)
* Art Deco, Art Nouveau
* St Patrick's day related cards as it is my birthday on that day ;-)
* pierrot,joker,clown, harlequin,acrobat,circus
* costumes either ceremonial/traditional clothing
* festivals, carnival (Brazilian, Venetian)
* Geisha (Japan)
*Music (I'm trying to learn the rudiments of drums 😊)
* Flamenco dancer or anything else musical
* Holly Hobbie, Pippi Longstocking
* vintage, historical postcards
* anything to do with the zodiac/ astrology
* Naive Art card /any ART card
Please do not send me free cards or ad-cards! I try and make an effort to choose a nice card and would appreciate if the same is done for me.