Hi my name is Monique, originally from the Netherlands but I moved to Edinburgh, Scotland in March 2008. I am an artist and I worked for five years as a bus tour guide in Edinburgh. I would describe myself a bit of a nomad as I love travelling whenever I can and have the money to do so.
The photo is me at Loch Ness on a day trip there and sorry to disappoint you I had no encounter with Nessie 😊
I love receiving any postcard that shows specific things about the country you live in, hand made cards and funny cards will do too . It'll be nice if you could write something more than hello and bye. What are you dreaming of? Do you have any unusual hobbies/interests? Stuff like that.
To give you an idea below are things I like, but again just to receive a postcard puts a smile on my face:
* St Patrick's day related cards as it is my birthday on that day ;-)
* lighthouses, islands, oceans
* owls, wolves,foxes,racoons or any kind of animal
* male in particular if they wear a kilt) Now you know why I feel attracted to Scotland ;-)
* pierrot,joker,clown, harlequin,acrobat,circus
* costumes either ceremonial/traditional clothing
* festivals, carnival (Brazilian, Venetian)
* odd shapes doors, alleys, streets, windows, patio,street lanterns, balcony,interior (chair, bed, table)
* art deco, art nouveau
* Geisha (Japan)
* Flamenco dancer or anything else musical
* Holly Hobbie, Pippi Longstocking
* vintage, historical postcards
* anything to do with the Zodiac or tarot
* James Dean (if someone from USA picks me ;-))
* cards from following artists: Frida Kahlo, Eagon Schiele, John Lowrie Morrison/JOLOMO, Picasso, Chagall, Elizabeth Peyton, Alfonse Mucha, Edward Hornel,Joan Eardley. etc.
* Naive Art card /any ART card
Please do not send me free cards or ad-cards!