ChristineC(or Christine) is a member in Canada . She has been a member for over 5 years (2,087 days).
My name is Christine and I live in Montreal, host of the1967 International Exhibition and of the 1976 Summer Olympic Games, birthplace of Leonard Cohen, and Canada's cultural metropolis.
I work as a reviser/translator and was a bookstore manager for some 20 years. I am also a writer (short stories) and an active blogger.
And most of all, I love Montreal! My hometown has so much to offer and is some sort of paradise for professional or amateur photographers.
I've been collecting postcards since the age of 9, so I have more than many postcards (and not all of them are scanned)! Some of them were sent by penpals and family, some brought back from trips by my sister, friends or myself, some are old ones, some were bought in garage sales or flea markets, and some were received through Postcrossing and Postcrossing Forum.
They are all open windows to the World.
Any postcard is welcomed but here are some themes among my favorites:
- anything related to reading, writing, writers, libraries, books and bookstores
- local artists and illustrators
- murals, sculptures and unusual architecture
- flowers, especially tulips and poppies – or red flowers
- everything regarding the sea, from beaches to all types of boats, including seashells and pebbles
- staircases, windows, doors, interesting details
- tea and coffee (including coffee shops, café terraces)
- typewriters, pencils, fountain pens, inkwells
- children books’ illustrations
- anything related to the bathroom
- vintage travel ad reprints
- any card showing a Citroen 2 CV (photographs and drawings) – I love this car!
- a card showing a bandstand (also called musical pavilions) – my newest theme – like this one:https://www.flickr.com/photos/116040846@N05/24331454158/in/dateposted-public/