My name is Christine and I live in the Black Forest in the south of Germany. Before, I lived in Berlin for 18 years - a great town.
I have three kids, 14, 12 and 7 years. I like playing all kinds of board games, I love skiing, hiking, photography, operas, books and baking.
I am a biochemist and work as a scientific coordinator at university.
I am part of a team of volunteers who run our local post office as a non-profit shop, to keep the neighborhood alive.
I like surprises and therefore all kinds of postcards with some personal words written on them. I enjoy every card because I hate an empty mailbox!
Just in case you would like some inspiration, this is what I especially like on my cards:
- chocolate, sweets, cakes
- food, recipes
- markets and everyday street scenes
- sail boats and ocean/waves (e.g. Philipp Plisson)
- opera, ballett or theater cards
- cards showing composers or pieces of music/songs
- hiking signs and hiking paths
- astronomical cards (stars, planets, etc.)
- Wallace and Gromit, they are so cute :-)
- cards from along the Donau/Duna/Danube/Dunav/Dunarea river would be wonderful
- interesting architecture and details of buildings, especially Art Deco/Jugendstil buildings
- if you live in France, I collect map cards from every Departement, thank you
- if you live around the Alps, I would very much enjoy cards showing one of your tunnels through, or streets above the mountains.
You can also use the very last picture on your camera and send it to me, tell me what it shows, I would love that littly glimpse into your life.
In case you do not know what to write, why don't you tell me about the way the postcard takes from you to the post office or mailbox ( just a little bit of every day life!). And what are you going to do afterwards... or send a recipe... looking forward to hearing from you!