CeciliaLany(or Cecilia) is a member in Indonesia . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,318 days).
My name is Cecilia, but you can call me Cecil. I'm a housewife, teacher, mother of two adult daughters and matryoshka collector. I live with three lovely cats at home: Sugar, Ginger, and Pepper. They have their own account in Postcrossing ( TheKiddos ). In my spare time, I like to watch National Geographic Channel,that makes me "traveling" around the world.
I put huge interests in cultures, people, art, historical sites and beautiful landscapes.
I like surprise, so you can send any card that you think interesting. But if you have no idea what to send, these are the themes that I really like:
* The cards from my favorite wall ( you will make me happy if you send me one of them or nearly similar:)
* People in traditional costumes or with their activities, Indigenous people
* Culture, Festivals, Famous events in your country
* People fishing, harvesting (fruits,flowers,crops), working in dairy, livestock & poultry farms
( Real photos, illustrations, or paintings )
* Something typical or unique,only happened in your country
* Matryoshka Dolls ( I collect these Russian Dolls, so far I have 10 sets)
* World's Leaders , influential and famous people ( Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama ,Martin Luther King,Jr, Evita Peron, Fidel Castro, Mother Teresa, Rosa Parks,Mao Zedong, Yuri Gagarin, Valentina Tereshkova, Neil Armstrong, Ronald Reagan, etc)
* Royal Family ( current and past )
* UNESCO WHS , Historical sites, UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage
* Natural Wonders, National Parks in your country
* Beautiful aerial view of castles, fortress, churches, cities, islands, lakes, flower fields, etc.
* Greetings from..... series (Postallove)
* U.S State Map Postcard ( with some informations about the state)
* Famous paintings ( Vermeer, Raphael, van Gogh,Munch, Michelangelo,da Vinci,Max Liebermann,Jan van Eyck,Charles Camoin,Dali,Norman Rockwell,Frida Kahlo, etc)
* Vintage Pin Up Girl, Vintage Ad Card
* Flora and fauna from your country ( NO BUTTERFLY, please )
* Card made of various used stamps
It would be great if you put various and pretty stamps on the card.
I prefer a postcard written,stamped,without envelope. But if you have some used stamps and want to send me some, it's okay with envelope. I collect stamps with any themes, but especially the ones with Royal family, famous people and Christmas stamps.
Thanks for reading my profile. All the best to you and enjoy POSTCROSSING:)