CeciliaLany(or Cecilia) is a member in Indonesia . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,498 days).
My name is Cecilia, but you can call me Cecil. I'm a housewife, teacher, mother of two adult daughters and matryoshka collector. I live with three lovely cats at home: Sugar, Ginger, and Pepper. They have their own account in Postcrossing ( TheKiddos ). In my spare time, I like to watch National Geographic Channel,that makes me "traveling" around the world.
Postcrossing gives me unlimited opportunities to explore the world. I like to search on google everything that are shown on the postcards and little pieces of stamps I receive. So It would be great if you put more interesting stamps that I can learn something from:)
Anyway,I put huge interests in cultures, people, art, historical sites and beautiful landscapes.
I like surprise, so you can send any card that you think interesting. But if you have no idea what to send, these are the themes that I really like:
* The cards from my favorite wall
* My new collection: Edition Tausendschön
( The numbers I already have: 09, 28, 86, 98, 104, 117, 122, 151, 197, 217, 219, 229, 246, 352, 388, 468, 502, 510, 519 )
* People in traditional costumes or with their activities, Indigenous people
* Culture, Festivals, Famous events , and something typical or unique from you country
* Matryoshka ( I collect these Russian Dolls, so far I have 12 sets)
* World's Leaders , influential and famous people ( Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama ,Martin Luther King,Jr, Evita Peron, Fidel Castro, Mother Teresa, Rosa Parks,Mao Zedong, Yuri Gagarin, Valentina Tereshkova, Neil Armstrong, Ronald Reagan, etc)
* Royal Family ( current and past )
* UNESCO WHS , Historical sites, UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage
* Natural Wonders, National Parks in your country
* Beautiful aerial view of castles, fortress, churches, cities, islands, lakes, flower fields, etc.
* Greetings from..... series (Postallove)
* Flags of the world series (Postcards market)
* Icons of Countries series
* Did you know? series
* U.S State Map Postcard ( with some informations about the state)
* Old Soviet Posters ( please translate the meaning )
* Famous paintings ( Vermeer, Raphael, Botticelli, van Gogh, Munch, Michelangelo, da Vinci, Max Liebermann, Jan van Eyck, Charles Camoin, Dali, Norman Rockwell, Frida Kahlo, etc)
* People fishing, harvesting ( fruits,flowers,crops), working in dairy, livestock & poultry farms
* Vintage Pin Up Girl, Vintage Ad Card ( especially Coca Cola )
* Flora and fauna from your country ( NO BUTTERFLY, please )
* Card made of various used stamps
I prefer a postcard written,stamped,without envelope. But if you have some used stamps and want to send me some, it's okay in envelope. I collect stamps with any themes, but especially the ones with Royal family, famous people, famous paintings and Christmas stamps.
Thanks for reading my profile. I'm looking forward to your surprise.
All the best and enjoy POSTCROSSING:)