My name is Bruno and my hobbies are writing (especially long letters) collecting books, reading, typing on my old typewriter and postcrossing of course!
I usually read classics (18th, 19th & 20th century) and I prefer Russian literature. My favourite book is "A Hero of Our Time / Герой нашего времени" by Mihail Jurjevič Lermontov.
You can write in Croatian, English, French, German, Italian or Serbian! I don't speak fluently all of these languages but postcrossing helps me to improve my language skills =)
Here are "a couple of" things I like:
• Art (Caspar David Friedrich, J. M. William Turner, Ivan Ivanovič Šiškin, Ivan Konstantinovič Ajvazovski, Paul Cézanne and Francisco Goya)
• Literature (Nikolaj Vasiljevič Gogolj, Edgar Allan Poe, Ivan Sergejevič Turgenev, Franz Kafka, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Anton Pavlovič Čehov)
• Poetry (Rainer Maria Rilke, Giacomo Leopardi, Charles Baudelaire, Heinrich Heine, Wilhelm Busch, Sergej Aleksandrovič Jesenjin)
• Aphorisms (Duško Radović & Stanisław Jerzy Lec)
• Cats, Owls
• Woods, green areas, village life, lighthouses, old railways
• Snow and mountains
• Old photographs of people or buildings, streets etc.
• Pictures of temples (especially from Asia)
• Classical music (my favourite instrument is harpsichord/cembalo)
• Culture of ancient Egypt
• Culture of Mayas, Aztecs and Incas
• Culture of Native Americans (Comanche, Shawnee, Sioux...)
• Alfred J. Kwak, OnePiece, Detective Conan, Dea†h No†e, Hellsing
• Batman, Sleepy Hollow (the movie)
• Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
• Star Trek, Star Wars
• The X-Files
• Mystery, Thriller and Crime Movies
• Historical mysteries (for example: the case of Jack the Ripper or the case of the Zodiac Killer)
• Greta Garbo, Gillian Anderson, Kate Mulgrew, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Tautou
• Johnny Depp, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Jason Statham
• Zlatan Ibrahimović, Novak Đoković
• Die Ärzte, Falco, Hans Zimmer, Hurts, Sia, Peter Heppner, Rammstein, Simone Cristicchi
* STAMPS For those of you who for some reason decided to send me a card via envelope (only for them): Can I ask you to put a stamp (used or new) into the envelope? The year, value, the size or even the theme of the stamp doesn't matter at all. I know stamps aren't cheap, so I won't write any guidelines to you.
Please, don't send me advertising postcards.
And if you still don't know what to send, you can send me any type of postcard you want. Your free choice gives it more personality.
If you don't know waht to write you can write something about you, your country, your thoughts, what's your favourite book or author, show me a famous painter or composer from your country - or just write down why did you choose the postcard. You can write a poem or an aphorism in your mother tongue (with translation please).
Best regards from Croatia =)
P.S. I'm sorry, but I don't have any technical facility to scan cards!