Hey there! I'm Brendon, a 24 year old guy from Finland. I grew up in a small town but moved to the Helsinki area in 2014. I'm recently divorced and now live in Vantaa, just north of Helsinki.
I'm currently working different shifts at Finland's largest mail distribution centre but I'm going back to school in March, specializing in business and accounting.
I have several different hobbies and gaming is one of my favorite activities. I play MMORPGs (mainly The Elder Scrolls Online) as well as other story-driven games and series like Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Uncharted, The Witcher, GTA etc. I love science fiction and my favorite author is Isaac Asimov. I've also really gotten into Star Trek lately, especially The Next Generation, Enterprise and the new series Discovery. Other than that I also love reading anything by J.R.R. Tolkien and keep wishing Middle-earth was real -- fortunately video games exist ;)
I listen to music a lot and love pretty much all kinds of music, especially punk rock, progressive/classic rock, reggae, ska, old school hip-hop, electronic, heavy metal and pretty much anything from the 80s. My favorite band is Rush.
I also exercise a lot and go to the gym 5 times a week.
As for postcards...
I would love to receive cards of:
- Unesco World Heritage Sites (illustrations/drawings of Unesco WHS are welcome as well if there are any!)
- cities, towns
- skyscrapers, bridges, landmarks, monuments, castles
- national parks
- trains and train stations
- vintage travel posters
- ski jumping
- Formula 1
- Star Trek
- anything from my favorites
My Unesco WHS collection can be seen here:
Missing list: https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/UNESCO-WORLD-HERITAGE-SITES-Dubbis-GSvcS6yLK0wAm2d84jxF1
I love fully written cards! If you don't know what to write, please tell me about...
- your favorite video games
- your favorite sci-fi books (have you read anything by Isaac Asimov?)
- things that you like or dislike about your city/country
- random facts about your city/country
- what is life like for LGBTQ+ people in your country?
I prefer getting my cards written and stamped, no envelopes. Thank you :)