Hello! My name is Stefan. I´m a 35 y.o. single design engineer. My home is the Seewinkel (Lake Corner) in the federal state respectively province named Burgenland in the east of Austria. I live in a small idyllic and calm village nearby the shallow Lake Neusiedl. Important economic factors in my home region are agriculture (specific viticulture) and tourism. It´s a wonderful region with a sensitive nature, a special microclimate around the endorheic lake and a great national park. The area around my home place also is well known as the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Fertö-Neusiedlersee". If you would be there you wouldn´t believe that this region is a part of Austria. You can´t climb or walk on mountains or hills. The landscape looks like hungarian puszta, russian steppe or american prairie. But about 9 years ago I found a new home about 50 kilometres away from my real home.
You can see that I love my home very much but I´m also very interested in other regions and countries. That´s why my hobbies are traveling, Geocaching, doing excursions into the nature, city trips or visiting historical places. Other hobbies are drawing, photography and reading books and magazines about science. I´m also interested in sports like soccer, basketball, icehockey and american football.
It would make me very happy if you could send me a card with:
- IMPRESSIONS, SIGHTS or LANDSCAPES of your hometown/city/region
- CASTLES, CATHEDRALS, CHURCHES of your hometown/city/region
- MAPS, FLAGS or COAT OF ARMS of your hometown/city/region
- CITY VIEWS, SKYLINES of your hometown/city/region
- ALL ABOUT BEER
- POINTS OF INTEREST
The main thing is that this view is showing a part of your home place.
following country specials would be very appreciated:
- BELGIUM: Belgian beer
- FINLAND: "Kiroileva Siili" cards - possibly with translation
- GERMANY: Ortsschilder-Karten, Chronik-Karten
- RUSSIA: Sovjet propaganda posters
- USA: all about NFL, maps and flags of US-States
- Additional you can put beer coasters, beer caps or used stamps into an envelope. That would make me and my collection very happy. :o)
- Please don´t send me drawings, selfmade cards or pictures with animals if it´s possible.
- If you have the chance PLEASE PUT THE CARD INTO AN ENVELOPE (but please please write on the card) and use nice stamps - true to the motto: more is more... I´m collecting stamps and it´s a lot easier to get at the stamps - it would be deplorable if the card become damaged.
- In 2016 Austria will get a Postcrossing stamp ...
SO IT WOULD BE GREAT TO RECEIVE OTHER POSTCROSSING STAMPS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
In this note, best wishes and Happy Postcrossing!