Hello! My name is Stefan. I´m a 38 y.o. design engineer. My home is the Seewinkel (Lake Corner) in the federal state respectively province named Burgenland in the east of Austria. I live in a small idyllic and calm village nearby the shallow Lake Neusiedl. Important economic factors in my home region are agriculture (specific viticulture) and tourism. It´s a wonderful region with a sensitive nature, a special microclimate around the endorheic lake and a great national park. The area around my home place also is well known as the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Fertö-Neusiedlersee". If you would be there you wouldn´t believe that this region is a part of Austria. You can´t climb or walk on mountains or hills. The landscape looks like hungarian puszta, russian steppe or american prairie.
You can see that I love my home very much but I´m also very interested in other regions and countries. That´s why my hobbies are traveling, Geocaching, doing excursions into the nature, city trips or visiting historical places. Other hobbies are drawing, photography and reading books and magazines about science. I´m also interested in sports like soccer, basketball, icehockey and american football.
It would make me very happy if you could send me a card with:
- IMPRESSIONS, SIGHTS or LANDSCAPES of your hometown/city/region
- CASTLES, CATHEDRALS, CHURCHES of your hometown/city/region
- MAPS, FLAGS or COAT OF ARMS of your hometown/city/region
- CITY VIEWS, SKYLINES of your hometown/city/region
- ALL ABOUT BEER
- POINTS OF INTEREST
The main thing is that this view is showing a part of your home place.
following country specials would be very appreciated:
- BELGIUM: Belgian beer
- FINLAND: "Kiroileva Siili" cards - possibly with translation
- GERMANY: Ortsschilder-Karten, Chronik-Karten
- RUSSIA: Sovjet propaganda posters
- USA: all about NFL, maps and flags of US-States
- Additional you can put beer coasters, beer caps or used stamps into an envelope. That would make me and my collection very happy. :o)
- Please don´t send me drawings, selfmade cards or pictures with animals if it´s possible.
- If you have the chance PLEASE PUT THE CARD INTO AN ENVELOPE (but please please write on the card) and use nice stamps - true to the motto: more is more... I´m collecting stamps and it´s a lot easier to get at the stamps - it would be deplorable if the card become damaged.
- In 2016 and 2021 Austria got Postcrossing stamps ...
SO IT WOULD BE GREAT TO RECEIVE OTHER POSTCROSSING STAMPS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
In this note, best wishes and Happy Postcrossing!