Bosmanx(or Mirjam) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 2 years (949 days).
Hi, I am a proud mother to a lovely teenage daughter. I live in the Netherlands, where I was born and bred, but have also previous lived in Germany and on the Isle of Man.
My avatar is my cat, who loves to walk to the letterbox with me, when I post my cards. I like traveling and learning new people/cultures. I am interested in (modern) art, (classical) music, nature, science and history. I love cooking and baking. I would like it if you tell me a bit about you or your country or environment.
If you can, please send your card in an enveloppe as recently I have received a couple of cards with the corner with the stamps brutally ripped of, ruining the card.
I would love it, when you write "hello" in your native language.
I am happy with any card (apart from religious or political cards), including home made cards. Ads only if they are for museums, exhibitions, (classical) music performances, plays or films or if they are incredibly funny. But here are somethings i really like:
- Masha y Medved, Pettson och Findus, Krtek
- typical food dishes/recipes from your country/region
- nature/wildlife (esp. native animals)
- industrial heritage/engineering, architecture, water tower
- (steam) trains, trams, cablecar, trolleybus
- (modern) art esp. Frida Kahlo, Vincent van Gogh
- traditions, culture, language from your country/region
- maps/flag/stamps/money of your country
- tea/ tea drinking ceremonies, samovar
- seagulls, beaches, lighthouses, nautical
- cute cards/ funny/ puns
-everything about Russia: food, customs, history, space program, etc.
- our solar system/ space exploration (real, not scifi or aliens).
Of course view cards, touristic cards are always welcome to from your place or your travels.
* If you have cards (and/or stamps) to do with scouting or manga/anime, you are very welcome to address the card to Marieke (my 12 year old daughter) Also If you have small items to do with scouting that she can put in her scout-scrapbook or scout friendship swaps, she would be delighted and send you a friendship knot in return.
Could you please write the date on your card?
I love all postcards you send me, so do not put them in favorites, the ones that are, are cards I did not get, but like a lot. Similars are of course also welcome.
As to expired cards: I have had a lot my self and no doubt, people have also sent cards to me that have not reached me. It is sad, but it happens. I do not ask people to register cards they did not receive. I always register my cards as soon as I get them, If your card to me got expired, then it has ended up somewhere between your house and mine. I hope you'll understand it makes me feel uneasy to register a card I did not receive.
Birthday cards are welcome in January and christmas cards in December.