Bosmanx(or Mirjam) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 2 years (1,075 days).
Hi, I am a proud mother to a lovely teenage daughter. I live in the Netherlands,but have also previous lived in Germany and on the Isle of Man.
My avatar is my cat, who loves to walk to the letterbox with me, to post my cards. I like traveling and learning new people/cultures. I am interested in (modern) art, (classical) music, nature, science and history. I love cooking and baking. I would like it if you tell me a bit about you or your country or environment.
If you can, please send your card in an enveloppe as recently I have received a couple of cards with the corner with the stamps brutally ripped of, ruining the card.
I would love it, when you write "hello" in your native language. Feel free to decorate the card with stickers, drawings, etc.
I am happy with any card, even home made/ recycled cards/cards made from food packaging. Ads only if they are for museums, exhibitions, (classical) music performances, plays or films.
Here are somethings i really like:
- Masha y Medved, Pettson och Findus, Krtek, Sandmännchen, Petit Prince, Mainzelmännchen, Ymka
- typical food dishes/recipes from your country/region, food markets, tea ceremonies
- nature/wildlife (esp. native animals), rare cattle breeds, marine wildlife
- industrial heritage/engineering, architecture, water tower/lighthouse/mineshafts, bridges, waterworks, wind-/watermills
- (steam) trains, trams, cablecar, trolleybus
- (modern) art esp. Frida Kahlo, Vincent van Gogh
- classical composers/ music halls
- remarkable women
- traditions, culture, language from your country/region
- maps/flag/stamps/money of your country
- cute cards/ funny/ puns
- everything about Russia: food, customs, history, space program, folklore, Pushkin
- our solar system/ space exploration, astronauts/cosmonauts (no scifi or aliens)
- touristic view cards from your country/area or from your travels
- nerdy stuff
* If you have cards (and/or stamps) to do with scouting (incl. scout snoopy) or manga/anime, you are very welcome to address the card to Marieke (my 13 year old daughter) Also If you have small items to do with scouting that she can put in her scout-scrapbook or scout friendship swaps, she would be delighted and send you a friendship knot in return.
Could you please write the date on your card?
I love all postcards you send me, so do not put them in favorites, the ones that are, are cards I did not get, but like a lot. Similar are of course also welcome.
I register all my cards as soon as I get them.
As to expired cards: I have had a lot my self and no doubt, people have also sent cards to me that have not reached me. It is sad, but it happens. I do not ask people to register cards they did not receive, please do not ask me to do so. I always register my cards as soon as I get them, If your card to me got expired, then it has ended up somewhere between your house and mine.