Bluetulip(or Nawel) is a member in Algeria . She has been a member for over 9 years (3,446 days).
NOTE to Manuel, from MEXICO: I received the postcard that you sent me last November. It arrived just today 09.01.18), and it doesn’t have its code on it. So, if you read this, let me know what it is so that I register it.
Please, avoid sending me:
- Cards with churches/crosses/Christmas themes
- Cards with people/animals
- Cards with much text on them
"Nawel" means favour or gift. In Arabic, it is: نوال
I salute the ones who had the brilliant idea to create Postcrossing and allow these exceptional exchanges with strangers (who sometimes become friends). .
Postcards are pretty scarce where I live, and sometimes I don't have any at hand, but I always do my best to keep up with the community. :)
Hand-writing is one of the things that attract me in a postcard. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is; it just makes my imagination sketch a portrait, a place or a state of mind. Tell me what's going on in your life at the moment, what you like/dislike about your job, your dream-destination, what you love about your hometown/village; just tell me a story and try to go beyond the "greetings from..." and "happy postcrossing". :)
Need some help about the postcard? Some suggestions are listed below, and please, please, no animals and no people. Thank you ahead of time. ♥
- City views/ night views/ blue hour /sunsets
- UNICEF cards
- Cobblestoned streets/ Narrow streets/ Old tows/ Riverfronts /Steel Bridges
- Windows and doors
- Aerial views
- Coasts/Ocean views
- Lighthouses hit by waves
- Countryside/ Fields/Windmills/rural houses
- Tulips & Orchids
- Nature/Mountains/Trees/Rivers/National Parks/Autumn views
- Subway maps
- Coffee shop front views
- Colourful houses
- Artisan crafts (Weaving/ Rugs/ Carpets/ Wall hangings)
- Fall & Spring
- Lavender (Provence)
- Doughnuts/ Macarons/ Cupcakes
- - Fine Art Photogaphy (Black & White, Abstract, Still Life, Architecture, Minimalism, Subways)
- Art (Paintings, such as those in my "favourites")
All the best!