Bluetulip(or Nawel) is a member in Algeria . She has been a member for over 8 years (3,174 days).
UPDATE (2017): I had stopped sending cards very long ago due to money issues, but things have got better since a couple of years, and I miss my hobby! :)
End of update.
"Nawel" means favour or gift. In Arabic, it is: نوال
I love postcards, and I salute the ones who had the brilliant idea to create Postcrossing and allow these exceptional exchanges.
Postcards are pretty scarce where I live, and sometimes I don't have any at hand, but I always do my best to keep up with the community. :)
Receiving mail makes me fly with happiness and hand-writing is one of the things that attract me in a postcard. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is; it just makes my imagination sketch a portrait, a place or a state of mind. Tell me what's going on in your life at the moment, what you like/dislike about your job, your dream-destination, what you love about your hometown/village; just tell me a story and try to go beyond the "greetings from..." and "happy postcrossing". :)
Need some help about the postcard? Check for suggestions below, and please, please, no animals and people. Thank you ahead of time. ♥
- City views/ night views/ blue hour /sunsets
- UNICEF cards
- Cobblestoned streets/ Narrow streets/ Old tows/ Riverfronts /Steel Bridges
- Windows and doors
- Aerial views
- Coasts/Ocean views
- Lighthouses hit by waves
- Countryside/ Fields/Windmills/rural houses
- Tulips & Orchids
- Nature/Mountains/Trees/Rivers/National Parks/Autumn views
- Subway maps
- Coffee shop front views
- Colourful houses
- Artisan crafts (Weaving/ Rugs/ Carpets/ Wall hangings)
- Fall & Spring
- Lavender (Provence)
- Doughnuts/ Macarons/ Cupcakes
- - Fine Art Photogaphy (Black & White, Abstract, Still Life, Architecture, Minimalism, Subways)
- Art (Paintings, such as those in my "favourites")
If it's not much asking, please avoid:
- Cards with much text on them
- Cards with people/animals
- Cards with churches/crosses/Christmas themes
All the best!