I always loved sending and receiving postcards. But in the age of internet and mobile phones this tradition is almost extinct. Having found this website enables me to revive my old hobby of writing, sending and receiving mail the oldschool way.
I´d be happy to receive postcards with images of these topics:
- The 80s. Fashion, Films, Music. Simply everything related to this decade.
- Science Fiction (Film, TV, Book Covers, Comic, Art)
- Film Noir
- Blade Runner
- British TV-Series: Sherlock, The Professionals, Ripper Street, Life on Mars, Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster (a.k.a Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie)
- old Comic Book Covers
- Concept Art (Science Fiction, Spaceships, Vehicles, Mechs)
- old-fashioned advertising, esp. Shipping Lines and Air Lines
- planes and airports
- Art Déco and Art Nouveau, Jugendstil
- Edward Hopper, Bansky and Roy Lichtenstein
- unusual architecture
- Laurel & Hardy
- The Big Bang Theory (Sheldon rocks)
- Futuristic buildings and vehicles
- old indusrial architecture
- old Soviet Propaganda Posters
- Grumpy Cat, Simon´s cat, Garfield
- Movie/Film Posters
- SinCity (Graphic Novel & Film)
- Greetings from... (I already have Japan, Taiwan, Russia, Austria, Finland)
- Vintage scrapbooking
- underground map-cards and railway maps
- I also like advertising cards when they´re creative. I find it interesting how advertisement looks like in other countries.
... or have a look at my favorites. This will give you a good impression of what style of postcards I like.
But no pressure here. If you can´t find anything, just send a card you would love to receive yourself. :O)
If your card doesn´t reach me within 30 days, just drop me a note. I´ll register it. There´s nothing more frustrating than a lost card occupying a slot while you could make someone else happy with a new card.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND:
- Religious cards. Please respect my right to live a life free from religion.
- cards in an envelope. I like my cards written and with (as many as possible) stamps on.
- selfprinted cards of your friends or family members. Please don´t take this as an insult, but they don´t have meaning to me and should not be put on a card, that you send to a stranger.
- Touchnote cards or any similar concept. You´d be giving my adress to a third party without my consent and I´m not okay with that.