My name is Barbara. I have always enjoyed sending and receiving letters and postcards, so I'm very excited to be a part of the Postcrossing family. My own family consists of me, my husband, three adult children (two girls, one boy), and one grandchild. Our daughters are Postcrossing members and introduced me to this fabulous project! I also have two cats and am an animal-lover.
I am originally from the state of Ohio, and my husband is from Michigan. Though born and raised in the midwestern region of America, we have also lived in Washington, Nevada, and now "The Grand Canyon State" of Arizona. My husband and I live in Gilbert, Arizona, close to the large city of Phoenix. Phoenix is located in the "Valley of the Sun" and is part of the Sonoran Desert, with many unique desert plants and animals. We usually have sunny days and little rain. Our extreme weather includes dust storms and monsoon rains in the late summer. We do not get any snow.
My husband and I are both retired teachers. For 30 years, he taught secondary math and science, while I worked with young students in grades 1-4. Teaching children to read and appreciate books was a proud accomplishment of mine.
My hobbies include reading mysteries and popular fiction, traveling, playing classic card and board games, and doing word puzzles. I am a fan of the performing arts, including music, dance, and theater. Football, basketball, and baseball are my favorite team sports to watch. I enjoy country and pop music, movies, and TV dramas.
I would like to receive postcards that show...
- the scenery and landscape of YOUR country/city (multi-view OK)
- city or street views
- special buildings or landmarks
- animals and plants native to your region
- mountains, rivers, forests, waterfalls, parks near where you live
- people in native dress, special celebrations
- books, libraries, interesting book/reading events
- sunrises/sunsets, rainbows, Northern/Southern Lights
- LouPaper state cards - I have AZ, IN, OH, IL, PA
- lighthouses, windmills
- dancers, gymnasts, skaters, Olympic athletes
- Harry Potter, Game of Thrones
- "Greetings from" cards by Postallove - I have Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, USA
- birthday cards in October and Christmas cards in December
My "Favorites" are postcards that I have already received.
I prefer handwritten postcards. Please write more than just "Happy Postcrossing".
You can write about your family, your pets, your job, and your interests. Tell me about the picture on your postcard, so I may learn about the place where you live. Recommend a favorite book, a song, a movie, or a show. I can't wait to receive your postcard!