Hello, I am Baby Spruce, a Dwarf Alberta Spruce evergreen tree. I live in a planter in a suburb of Chicago with my hippie parents who take care of me. They adopted me from a home and garden store on September 29, 2013. Yes, we register cards promptly (as soon as they are received) and try to pick nice ones for other users (doing the best to match their preferences).
Why would a tree send and receive postcards? Why not? The Little Mail Carriers get to see the world by traveling. Since I am rooted here, I have to experience the world by sending and receiving postcards. Of course I have help doing this, just like the Little Mail Carriers have. Plus, I know there are several cats on this site sending out postcards, and I’ve even seen a Postcrossing goat.
I would especially love to receive postcards of my favorite themes:
- snowdrops (the flowers), known as Schneeglöckchen / podsnezhniki / lumikelloja
- garden gnomes
- pink flamingos (the garden ornament or the bird)
- celestial themes (sun/moon/stars)
- shaped postcards
- Tourist cards (view cards), especially with landscapes/nature/flowers are nice too.
- For U.S. users: state flowers, state parks, national parks (all from the location where you live please)
- My parents would enjoy Volkswagen or hippie-type postcards.
Any postcard you choose and send with a positive mindset will be appreciated!
Odd-shaped and over-sized postcards are welcome. Don't be afraid to be creative! Stickers, washi tape, drawings etc - it's all good. It's not a demand, just do what you enjoy!
* I would like if you write something about yourself or your town/country on the card.
* If you need ideas, you can tell me about your favorite flowers or plants. You could tell me about botanical gardens in your area or what kind of things grow in your region.
*The favorites on the wall are cards which were received.
*The avatar picture is old. I am a bit bigger now.
(The return address on outgoing postcards is not a solicitation for cards. It's there for postal purposes in case a card needs returned).