So who am I? I'm curious, a dreamer, a biologist (still in studies, but writing my master thesis currently!), an activist for a better world. I try to live up to my own standards of equality, liberty and solidarity. I also tend to have my head in the clouds and that fits to me being in two roleplay groups (Pen and Paper). I work at a lab at the moment, I'm sure you heard of PCR tests. That's my job. :) It's somehow not in my nature to be weirded out easily. Actually, I tend to stick with the weird stuff. My normal pet (actually my boss if you ask her) is a cat, my somewhat unusual pets are more tarantulas than I dare to say and countless roaches. (all safe behind glass!)
I like to cook and somehow it seems like I accidentally became a vegan. My plants are carnivorous, though! :D I listen to lots of podcasts, too (mostly true crime/forensics, also science/society/politics).
I'm suffering from chronic pain due to a form of rheumatism some days and Postcrossing helps me when I can barely move. It's truly an amazing hobby!
I really want to see the world one day and enjoy museums a lot. Any hints for me where to visit? What was your best trip? :)
I'm sure I'll enjoy your message, no matter what you write. You can tell me about anything, ordinary things or not. Seeing a bit of someone else's life is amazing! Connection is what I'm here for.
Special question for married people: What's your engagement story? 💞
If you need inspiration for postcard themes, here are some types I especially like. But these are just suggestions. Don't worry, you can still send what you want!
• something about your country and culture, tourist cards/viewcards, current events
• LGBTQ, polyamory
• environmentalism, feminism, equality, peace
• maximum cards (matching stamp on the frontside) / PHQ cards (showing a stamp) and mail-themed stuff
• Postcrossing meetups
• Alice in Wonderland
• postcard-sized cut-outs from food packages
• carnivorous plants
• Jetoy cats
• nude women
• gothic-ish art, tattoos
• Lanternpress and similar
• unusually shaped cards
• Arctic and Antarctic / tundra, glaciers (I've been to Svalbard, the Arctic, in 2019)
• plants (botany!), any animals (insects, reptiles and amphibians are very welcome! A tarantula card would make my day!), dinosaurs, lichens, scientific things, laboratories, natural history, anatomy, women in science...
• Gaudí's architecture
I'm totally open to handmade postcards, cool ad cards or cards from your travels. I'd be super happy about stickers and washi tape on cards!
I understand more Spanish than I can write or speak, but it's still very little. So please write clearly and use simple sentences if you write me in Spanish. :)
Have a nice day!
PS: Interview I gave about Postcrossing in 2017 (German only)
Stamp blog: https://stampsshow.tumblr.com