My name is Tanya. I live in a small nothern russian industrial town near the White Sea.
I defended master degree thesis on traditional russian culture and now I'm preparing for PhD defense. Also I work at the research center at the University. Each summer I take part in folklore and ethnographic expeditions to different villages of Arkhangelsk region. It's really exciting, cause I learn a lot about unique old traditions of my country!
I like to do something with my own hands, for example, greeting cards, hairbands, dream catchers and so on.
I'm interested in Asian culture and I'm fond of asian music (KAT-TUN, FT Island, Lee Seung Gi, Juck Cheung).
I'm really fond of reading. I prefer fantasy (J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, P.S. Beagle) and classic literature (O. Balsak, O. Wilde, F.M. Dostoevskiy, A.P. Chehov, etc.) Also I like Japanese literature (Banana Yoshimoto, Akutagawa Ryunosuke, Miyazawa Kenji, etc.)
This year was my first trip abroad. I visited Ireland in the begining of June. It's amazing country!
I like different kinds of postcards.
But I really enjoy cards that feature:
- children book illustrations
- paintings (especially works of Ikenaga Yasunari, Kim Min Ji, Kim Ji Hyuck, Steve Hanks, Nino Chakvetadze, Shishi Nguyen, Tuyet Dinh Sinh Vat, Mizzi, Apofiss, Christian Schloe, Wang Yi Guang)
- literary characters
- mythology & mythological creatures (fairy, elf, dwarf, brownie, kobold, dragon, unicorn, mermaid, troll, youkai, kitsune, tanuki, tengu, kappa, phoenix, etc.)
- book covers (especially "Puffin Book" series)
- anime (Studio Ghibli, Makoto Sinkai, "Natsume Yuujinchou", "Fruits Basket", "Fushigi Yuugi", "Attack on Titan")
- animals: red panda, racoon, fox, cat, lemur
- traditional clothes, holidays, fests of your country
- something else of my interests (please see above)
Also I collect teabags, so I would be really grateful if you can send me some.
I would be glad if you write something about:
- unique/interesting/your favourite/strange traditions of your country;
- book, writer or something else that is now popular in your country;
- your favourite fairy tale or book;
- your vision of Russia.
Or you can just write something about your life.