Hello postcrossing friends!
My name is Tanya. I’m from small northern Russian industrial town which is situated on the White Sea Shore.
I work at the research center at University. I study Russian folklore and traditional culture. So almost every summer I take part in folklore and ethnographic expeditions to different villages of Arkhangelsk region (by the way, it’s the largest region in the European part of Russia). This is the best part of my profession, because I can talk to interesting people, learn new things about the traditions of my country and enjoy the picturesque landscapes.
I like to do something with my own hands and to draw.
I'm interested in Asian culture and music (KAT-TUN, FT Island).
I'm really fond of reading. I prefer fantasy (J.Tolkien, C. Lewis, P. Beagle) and classic literature (O. Balsak, O. Wilde, A.P. Chehov, etc.) Moreover I like Japanese literature (B. Yoshimoto, R. Akutagawa, K.Miyazawa, etc.) and modern Korean poetry.
I truly appreciate every card I receive. Postcrossing is a wonderful hobby that allows me to learn new things, meet amazing people and virtually travel around the world.
I like different kinds of postcards. But I really enjoy cards that feature:
- children book & fairy tales illustrations;
- book covers (especially "Puffin Book" series);
- literary characters;
- mythology & mythological creatures (fairy, dwarf, brownie, dragon, unicorn, mermaid, troll, youkai, kitsune, tanuki, phoenix, etc.);
- cute illustrations (Omar Rayyan, Susan Jeffers, Janie Olsen, Kim Min Ji, Kim Ji Hyuck, Shishi Nguyen, Sojusor, Thai My Phong, Tuyet Dinh Sinh Vat, A. Maskaev, etc.);
- Daniela Drescher illustrations;
- Cottonlion illustrations;
- Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker;
- paintings (Inge Löök, Anton Pieck, Chris Dunn, Edmund Dulac, J. W. Waterhouse, Ikenaga Yasunari, Steve Hanks, Christian Schloe, Wang Yi Guang, etc.);
- folklore, traditional clothes, holidays, fests of your country;
- anime (Studio Ghibli, Makoto Shinkai, "Natsume Yuujinchou", "Fruits Basket", "Fushigi Yuugi");
- animals: red pandas, pandas, raccoons, foxes, cats, lemurs, puffins;
- something else of my interests.
Also I collect teabags, so I would be really grateful if you can send me some (unless, of course, it doesn’t bother you).
And most of all I enjoy reading your stories on the back of the postcard.
I would be glad if you write something about:
- unique/interesting/your favourite/strange traditions of your region or country;
- book, writer, song, sport or something else that is now popular in your country;
- your favourite fairy tale or book;
- your favourite modern poet;
- omen, proverb or unique word of your area/country (with meaning);
- your vision of Russia.
Or you can just write something about your life.
Thank you very much for reading all this! I'm looking forward to your card.
Have a wonderful day and Happy Postcrossing!