I'm a 33-year-old, down-to-earth guy from Poland, a country situated in Central Europe. Poland is believed to be the heart of Europe by some of geographic scientists. Some Polish views are really breath-taking and extraordinary and I will take a stab at proving it to you when I send you postcards.
Many things concerning our everyday life provoke interest in me. For example, politics, homeland and world economy, social and cultural life, sports (e.g. cross-country skiing, ski-jumping, handball, athletics, etc.), etc. Besides, my huge passion is English - I studied English Philology and now I am a freelance translator working for translation agencies. I love my job!!! I like making new friends with people around the world and get to know various cultures.
The most important thing is that cards sleceted by you for me come from your own country where you live, not from your trips abroad because it make postcrossing fun less interesing. Below I am droping some hints concerning the postcards I would like to receive (in random order):
- city night views,
- city aerial views,
- city skylines,
- castles (French ones and German Neuschwanstein are my faves!)
- other historic buildings and sites,
- specific modern buildings and monuments (eg. bridges, skyscrapers,stadiums),
- animals and plants typical of your country (no pets and farm animals!),
- landscape characteristic of your country,
- winter scenery,
- folk costumes and festivals characteristic of your country/region,
- sites specific of your location,
- old and modern vehicles (cars, trams, airplanes, ships etc.),
- celebrities (actors, singers, athletes, etc.) famous in your country
Please, don't succumb to the temptation to send me ad*/free**/handmade cards/self-printed cards!!! because quite a wide range to choose from is provided above. If you still don't know what to choose, please look into my faves.
When you leave a note on the card for me, please write something in your mothertongue and then translate it into English (if German, you do not have to, as I know basic German too).
Please, always write something more than only plain "Happy postcrossing" and stuff. If you do not know what to write on the card, here are some tips:
- something about you, e.g. what is your greatest passion in life? what do you do in your spare time?,what do you do to pay the bills or who would you like to be? etc.
- beautiful greetings characteristic of your country,
- proverbs and sayings typical of your country and language!!!,
- your first association with Poland,
- about something that singles out your country from the others.
I consider postcrossing a perfect aid to see and appreciate the beauty of our world, especially for those who cannot afford to travel everywhere they want to.
Please, be advised that I am not intrested in self-printed postcards as they are usually have less clear colours :/