I'm Anouk, 34 years old and mother of a beautiful one-year-old boy. I live right in the middle of the Netherlands. I work for the local government but when I grow up I want to be a translator :-)
When I had spare time I really enjoyed reading, belly dancing, baking cakes, sleeping, eating chocolate, drinking coffee and trying all sorts of nail polish. Postcards related to these themes are very, very welcome.
I also liked traveling, and my family and friends always teased me for sending those typical multi view, tourist cards. But I like those :-)! So if you have a nice one, feel free to send it. Single view cards are also welcome. But please, only cards showing the beauty of your OWN country! So no cards from your holiday destination, no pyramids from Italy, no Eiffel Tower from the USA or Buckingham Palace from China.
I've traveled a lot, and I have special feelings towards London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Athens, Istanbul, Marrakech, Cape Town, Mumbai and Jerusalem. So if you live in/near one of these cities: I'd love to receive a view card from your home town.
If you are tired of sending tourist cards, here are some other things I really like (in no particular order):
* Covid-19 related cards. So relevant at the moment and interesting to look back on in the future.
* books/reading/book worms
* writing/writing paper/fountain pens
* animals: ♥♥guinea pigs♥♥, other rodents, sheep, sloths, ostriches, flamingoes, turtles
* other cute,fluffy animals :-) (please: no spiders!!)
* "Keep calm and..."
* Duane Bryer's Hilda :-) ♥♥
* Shaun the Sheep ♥♥
* The works of Botticelli
* The works of Salvador Dalí
* Anything to do with Leonardo da Vinci
* hands/henna decorations on hands and feet
* magic carpets
* religious images
* loving images (kisses, hugs, marriage, friendship, couples)
* anything British
* anything Greek (but please no card from your holiday destination!)
* my Zodiac sign (Virgo)
* cute illustrations (for example Mila Marquis, Editions des Correspondences, but others are welcome too)
* 'Greetings from' cards from Postallove. But only from your own country!
But these are just tips, I will be happy to receive any type of card. But: please no political figures, and I'm not too enthusiastic about handmade cards and ad cards. People from Belarus: I love cards with Damavik :-).
The cards I marked as favourites are cards I have already received, so it's not a wish list. But you could use them as an inspiration of course :-).
I send weird cards or ad cards to people with blank profiles. For all other postcrossers, I choose cards with care. I hope you'll do that for me too :-). And could you please date your card? I'm not a stamp collector, but nice ones are definitely received with great pleasure :-)
I'm looking forward to receiving your card. Thank you for reading my entire profile :-)
PS: Let's be kind: saying 'thank you' after receiving a card is not THAT hard.