My name is Annelies, I am 35 years old and I live in Belgium. I really enjoy writing letters and reading postcards and letters from all over the world.
Finding a letter or postcard in my mailbox is absolutely amazing, but what I like even more about postcrossing is choosing a good card from my collection to send to someone. When I see postcards that I like and that I never saw before, I always buy some. That way, I always have a lot of cards to choose from (maybe even a little too much cards...).
I love reading, spending time with my boyfriend and his daughter, doing things with my friends and with my mom. My boyfriend and I live together with his daughter, my 2 parakeets and our newest family member: Jerry the little rabbit.
I have af Facebook group "Postkaarten van Annelies" in which you can find my received postcard collection:
In general, I like the following postcards:
* birds (picture and illustration), I adore parrots and puffins
* rabbits or sloths (picture and illustration)
* pandas (I prefer illustrations)
* Ever & Ein, Gudetama
* Saint-Petersburg, Greece, Egypt
* (old) books, library, bookshop, people reading, writing or drawing
* Agatha Christie (Hercule Poirot), Sherlock Holmes
* cards with an inspiring (not religious) or funny text
* colorful cards
* Dali, Magritte, Ensor
* repetition, collections (the item is not important, exemples: mailboxes, doors, buttons, jelly beans, crayons, animals, plants, ...)
* cards on which it's raining or snowing
* Kaartje of Kip, Inkognito, Love around the world
* girls or women by the sea / by water
* red riding hood
* following designers / illustrators: Patricia Waller, Sasha Salmina, Marijke Janssens, Inga Paltser, Wrendale Designs, Stephen Mackey, Wil Cormier, Loes Botman, Leonid Afremov, Liza Melkozerova, Lotte Van Dijck, Carll Cneut, Alina Dalinina, Camilla d'Errico, Alexey Dolotov, Lena Gnedkova, Julia Ermolova, Emmeke, Ema Malyauka, Mark Ryden, Beatrix Potter, Irina Smirnova
* cards with a little twist
* Continent cards from Postallove from continent of origin (I have Asia, Europe and North America) or other illustrated mapcards
I am interested in receiving postcards of your native birds, especially Australian ones. You can also contact me for a direct swap if you have cards like that.