thijs10(or Thijs) is a member from Netherlands . He has been a member for over 1 year (379 days).
Hi, I am Thijs and I live in the "Green Heart" of Holland.
The "Green Heart" is a rural area between the larger cities Rotterdam, Den Haag, Amsterdam and Utrecht.
Close to where I live are smaller cities like Gouda and Schoonhoven. Both old cities, that already existed in the Middle Ages, with a lot of history, historic buildings, and canals.
Gouda is famous for its Gouda cheese, that in reality came from the rural regions around Gouda, but was traded in Gouda itself.
Schoonhoven is the city of silver: the city is famous for it. In Schoonhoven you'll find the school to become a silversmith.
My interests are: computers, maths, sailing boats (especially catamarans), geology, technical sciences, archaeology, architecture, history, astronomy and space travel.
I love to make websites and computer games.
I love postcards about:
- special characteristics from different countries all over the world.
- animals, especially cats, owls and other birds. But no monkeys please.
- nature such as volcanoes, geysers, landscapes, the Northern Lights, and the weather in your country.
- characteristic buildings, bridges, ancient buildings like pyramids (if you're from Egypt: I would love a postcard about Tut-Ankh-Amon).
- Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. And The Hobbit, of course.
I don't like cars, except when they run on solar energy.
If you don't have one of my favourites, I would also be happy with any kind of nice card you choose.
I don't like AD-cards
And please, I love it when you write something on the card, about the picture on the card, or maybe about the area you live. A sentence written in your native language would be nice too; please translate this for me....
NL-1377514 to Catou in Russia sent 14/Aug/2012