rainbowjoy(or Janet) is a member from United Kingdom . She has been a member for over 3 years (1131 days).
Hello. My name is Janet. I am 60 years old and live in the South of England just outside London. I have three grown up children, one of whom still lives at home with me. I work in a college as a teacher trainer and teacher of English as a second language.
I am interested in different cultures and can speak and understand a number of languages. I studied German and Russian at University. More recently I have studied linguistics and language teaching at Masters level.
At work, I am a member of the Equality and Diversity committee and help to organise events promoting harmony between different cultures, religions, beliefs and ethnic groups.
I would like to receive any of the following:
- postcards with words in different languages
- recipes of national/local dishes
- national costumes
- festivals and religious ceremonies
- interesting buildings and places
- teddy bears
- anything to do with the 1960s (especially the Beatles)
- jewellery and gemstones
- cross stitch and other crafts
- classical and ethnic music
- anything to do with Christmas (all year round!)
- postcards which are an unusual shape
I don't really like postcards of animals, except for monkeys, chimps and other apes.
I hope there is something you will be able to choose from my list of likes and wishes, but any postcard will be welcome. I look forward to receiving many different postcards from different people and places around the world.
Please could you put the date of sending somewhere on the postcard. Thanks and Happy Postcrossing :)