possum1953(or Rilda) is a member from Australia . She has been a member for over 4 years (1805 days).
I live in a country city in South Australia.
I have a son & 2 grand daughters in Melbourne & a son in Adelaide. I am recently divorced but get on very well with my former husband. Our relationship now is more respectful. We are good friends and telephone often to share stories about our lives or about our extended families. The lawyers involved in the divorce seemed to be waiting for us to have a fight! They said we were a very unusual couple as we were determined to work together to get the best result for both of us. It was hard work sometimes but I am very proud of this achievement!
Now I am on my own, I do not spend much time on the computer. I like to be with "real" people instead!!!!!
Above is one of my water colour paintings but I have not painted any more for quite a while.
I love books. I work with them for three half days a week when I sort and price them to go onto the shelves in the shop in the next room! Yes I can buy books so I have access to new releases as well as very old books. I used to want to have a bookshop of my own but this is even better as I have all of the fun without all the costs and worry of being in business!!
My private book collection includes different denomination church hymn books. I like them with printed music, but I cannot play a note on any instrument! I also have some family histories and South Australian town history books from my area.
I used to sell postcards BUT not the ones sent to me by Postcrossing people. I traded on EBay as 53possums.
YES ... I will enjoy ANY postcard you choose to send to me.
My favourite topics are
- the town where you live
- frogs, lady birds, insects, butterflies
- landscapes & seascapes, light houses, coastal views
- WWF postcards
- WILD birds, animals, reptiles etc
- TAXIDERMIED birds and animals as seen in Museums
- cars, motorbikes, boats, aeroplanes, trains, trams, buses
- AUSTRALIAN WAR MEMORIALS in France, Belgium & other countries
Other special requests
- Fairy & other children's postcards - unused ... for me to send to my grand daughters, Alexis & Mackenzie
- Orkney Islands - where my FOULIS ancestors came from
- Croatia - unused .... for a friend
- Wolpertinger from Bavaria - unused ... for my son, Gareth
Private swaps - I do NOT wish to have any private swaps at the moment. Thank you.
Multiview postcards with lots of images are NOT my favourites.
All postcards, except for the special requests (above), I will enjoy having written on & stamped.
I look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Best wishes from Australia.