milko(or Milda) is a member from Greece . She has been a member for over 2 years (794 days).
**PLEASE, NO TOUCHNOTE CARDS, THANK YOU**
I'm sharing my heart between 2 countries and people in them: Lithuania- where my family, friends and roots are; and Greece- where I live, love and work.
For past few years I go back&forth between Athens (where I stay during wintertime) and Greek islands (where I make all the euros to be able to live through wintertime):D
The idea of getting REAL mail from somewhere in the world, handwritten thinking about me, it's one of the greatest things for me in Postcrossing, type of card goes to postion #2.
But ok, it is soooo great to get a beautiful postcard..So there are some kinds that I especially like:
* I love sunset/sunrise, fog/mist time of the day.. Cards, that you can call melancholic, nostalgic, with feeling of solitude.
* postcards with people are one of my favorite -love the faces, portraits, emotions in them. people living everyday life or indigenous ones, reminding us about their unique everyday...
* non-touristy photo postcards(colorful, patterns, macro shots, sun, moon, interesting elements, markets, sunlitten or old streets, windows, doors, knobs, walls, tiles etc.) I love photography, so good quality picture amazes me always..:) Just store bought, please.
* Maxi cards and Magnum cards are one of my latest discoveries :)
* landscapes, old towns,forests, mountains, seas, lakes, rivers- whatever is beautiful in your part of world. Or maybe some place, where you dream to go..?
* also you can never go wrong with black & white, sepia postcards. Old times views, vintage, retro are great too...
* you can always make me absolutely happy with Moomin or Pettson & Findus card ;)
And for the end of a wishlist: please please, if possible, DON'T send me cartoon, animation, celebrities, movies, kitchy, handmade, greeting/folded cards, urbanistic/industrial buildings (when a card looks like picture in schoolbook page), sports, animals, flowers or commercial/ad cards. Thank you for understanding..
I would love a message on the postcard, what is special about that place or picture for you, or just how is your day when you are sending it to me :)
Please write date and location and send it stamped WITHOUT envelope (I have a crush on stamps, so if it's possible, so looking forward to see them..)
Hope I didn't drive you crazy, those are just my preferences.
The fact, that you write a poscard thinking about dedication for me, matters the most...
LITTLE NOTE ABOUT PRIVATE SWAPS: I really enjoy them and make more private swaps than official ones. The only thing is- if we speak about swapping ONE card, let it be like this..If we both want, we will continue swapping, isn't?:) I love privates, because it is unique experience and I don't want to make it a wholesale..+ don't want to feel guilty getting 2-3-4 postcards and wanting to send only 1.. Thank you for understanding,
p.s. for private swapping you can contact me as well through: firstname.lastname@example.org