marialein88(or Maria) is a member from France . She has been a member for over 2 years (1094 days).
I'm Maria, 23 years old, from Germany. I'm a translation student in France and love to learn about foreign cultures and languages!:) Actually I would love to see every corner of the world, but for lack of time and money I can't travel as much as I would like to... So it would be great to discover the world by postcards! It would be great to have postcards that show something typical- famous or not- of your region. Other things I like are:
* animals (cats, butterflies, birds,... anything cute or funny...)
* lakes, beaches, cliffs, romantic landscapes, snow, ...
* old castles, monasteries
* interesting colour combinations
* poetry, books
* arts (Monet, Klee, Kandinsky, Dali, Thomas Kinkade, Ana Cruz, Victoria Frances...)
* holidays: I love Christmas and would be very happy to receive some card related to that holiday. But cards for other holidays are welcome too, no matter if they are celebrated only in your country or your religion or if it is something really personal!
* ... and much more!
But these are only suggestions! In the end it doesn't matter what the postcard shows, but what is written on it! I would really like you to write something personal, about yourself, your country or the postcard you send! If you don't know what to write,just tell me about your town or village, about your traditional food, or share a joke, tell me your favorite quotation, or copy a poem you like... as long as you write something more than "Happy Postcrossing", I will be glad! :)
If your mother tongue is Italian or Arabic, it would be great if you could write something in your language, maybe with a translation. Thank you! Even if you speak a language I don't know at all, it would be great if you could teach me a few words! I'm always happy to learn something new, and for me learning a language is part of learning about the culture!
By the way, I'am always looking for pen pals from all over the world, so if you are interested, just mention it in the postcard! But please- girls only! :)
Lately I am very busy and have troubles with the internet- so if you send me a request for a direct swap and don't get an answer, please don't be offended, I just can't keep up with all requests!
Looking forward to hearing from you,