jamasaS(or Jaana) is a member from Finland . She has been a member for over 7 years (2662 days).
I live in a small town in eastern Finland with my spouse and two dogs; a black Labrador cross Nebo (14 y.o.) and retriever mix Peggy (10 y.o.). I have adopted her from a local animal rescue.
I work as a librarian in a small academic library.
My hobbies are reading, gardening, cooking, stamp collecting (especially Australian and British stamps) and music. I also like traveling.
What comes to postcards, I'm not picky at all. If you like the postcard you are going to send me I'm sure I will like it, too!
But if you need ideas what to send, here we go...
- landscapes and sceneries, especially with woods and/or water
- dogs: dalmatians, black labradors, akitas, shibas, huskies...
- anything related to books, reading or libraries
- flowers and herbs
- wild animals from you country especially foxes, wolves,lynxes, lions, tigers, dingos
- colorful birds, butterflies
- gardens, parks, arboretums
- city views, street views, especially illustrations, old black and white photos or nightviews
- something typical for your village/town/region/country
- old houses, cottages, castles, manors, bridges, especially illustrations
- art by a local artist or impressionism,aquarelles,O'Keeffe, Monet, Manet, Degas, Sisley, Miro, Dali, Picasso...
- local rock musician/band (please, introduce them too!)
- fancy dresses and hats
- vintage posters and ads, book covers
- anything blue or green or something really colorfully
- Paddington bear, Miss Piggy, teddy bears
Perhaps you have a card I cannot even think of that might become my very favourite - just give it a try!
And you can also check my favourites.
I also appreciate beautiful stamps on postcards.
I wish you happy postcrossing and plenty of beautiful postcards!
PS. I found a list "20 of the World's Most Beautiful Libraries"
I would love to get postcard of these libraries.
I already have
- Library of the Benedictine Monastery of Admont, Austria
- National Library, Belarus
- The Trinity College Library, the Long Room
- The Strahov Monastery
- Melk Monastery Library, Melk, Austria