ichabodhidesis a member from United Kingdom . She has been a member for over 5 years (2022 days).
Hello from England!
I'm a 30 years old girl, originally from Finland but moved to England in early 2008 to live with my boyfriend. We got married in August 2011 and are still living with his family and their 6 cats, but we're hoping to get our own place eventually. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows (the latter mostly on dvd/online), cooking & baking, taking photographs, reading, Aikido (I got a black belt last summer), crocheting... I'm also a tea addict and drink silly amounts of tea.
I'm happy to receive all kind of cards, so please don't feel like you must send me a card that matches my wishlist - as long as it's a postcard, I'll be fine :). The list below has just some themes I particularly like:
- The Lord of the Rings/the Hobbit/anything Tolkien related
- Alice in Wonderland
- matryoshka dolls
- maxi cards
- crocheting, knitting
- books, libraries, people reading
- people from your country, especially in traditional clothing
- a house or houses, cottages, windows, doors, narrow streets, street scenes...
- cherry blossoms
- beautiful nature views
- sea/seaside/lake views
- autumn colours
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
- Nouvelles Images cards
- mail boxes and post offices, anything mail related
- Gorjuss illustrations by Suzanne Woolcott
- Virpi Pekkala's illustrations
- Viktoria Kirdy's illustrations
- squirrels, chipmunks, hedgehogs, sheep, penguins, wolves
- food, recipes, sweets, chocolate, berries, fruits etc.
- tea/coffee, teapots
- black and white photography
- cards from my favourites in my postcard wall
but like I said, anything will be welcome (although if at all possible, I'd rather not have postcards with extremely religious themes, babies or clowns)! I prefer cards written and stamped, not in an envelope, but if you want to put your card in an envelope, that's fine too. I love pretty stamps as well!
It'd be nice if you could write more than just "Greetings from X" on the card, though; I love fully written cards! If you have trouble thinking of what to write, tell me for instance what has made you happy recently, what you see outside your window, what you like the most about where you live, what's your favourite food... Book recommendations are also always welcome!
RUSSIAN USERS! I'm trying to collect a viewcard of all different regions of Russia. I already have lots of cards from Moscow and St. Petersburg but not that many from other places. If you have a card from any other place it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ^_^
If you live in Europe, I'd love Europa stamps!