fuegoazulis a member in Ukraine . She has been a member for over 3 years (1327 days).
Hello everyone! I am from Lviv, and I love traveling and communicating very much, that's why getting a postcard from someone abroad is kinda making me travel to another country and culture. I made myself a promise 3 years ago to travel to another city or country every month and I'm keeping this promise. Happy I have great friends I can do it with.
My absolute passions are Latin America, Latin-American dances and dance in general, languages (I'm a linguist by my education and nature), photography and people. My favorite places in the world are Highway 1 and Santa Barbara in California, small Valle de Elqui in Chile and San Miguel Zapotitlan in Sinaloa, Mexico.
It's been a little bit more than 2 years that I'm experiencing postcrossing. I love it and I'm more sure on what exactly I like about it and what types of cards make me especially happy. Love any post card with:
- places - show me smth I didn't hear about, smth atmospheric and secret (places I would need to visit, but I don't normally see in the internet, places that have to be experienced more than seen on the screen)
- things mentioned above (Latin America and everything connected with it, dances, photography)
- postcards that show smth from the culture of your city, village or the place you like or visited: dance, everyday activities, life of a small street, people in national and not only costumes, festivals
- I'm not a freak (I guess), but I love cemeteries. Old ones.
- vintage, B&W cards, famous works of masters of photography
- portraits of Johnny Depp or Oscar Wilde. I love the 2 of them. (please don't send me other actors, writers, I just like how those two look like, I think they are gorgeous, charismatic men and it shows in their photos)
- Alice in the Wonderland (lately I see a lot in common with her :)
- Recently I started to like art postcards: reproductions of famous paintings and local artist works)
- weird spooky weather conditions
- Mark Ryden art
- also I love the old missions and churches of any kind. I've got lots of them in 2011-13 and they are mostly the Orthodox churches I have enough in my country. So for now if I could kindly ask you, if you have a small old church to send, please do I love them, but if it is Orthodox church or really famous Catholic church in your country, I probably already have it. Thanks for understanding.
*I like Frida Kahlo postcards and when I get them I become completely crazily happy (I keep getting them from BryonD - thank you, you are the best)!
Don't like standard multiview and tourist cards.
You can also look in my favs, maybe you have smth I like.
A story makes the postcard. I appreciate if you write smth special or not about you or the place you live in or the activities you do, or smth you like or anything interesting on your mind. You can quote someone from your country or just anyone you like - very appreciated.
Promise to be happy after getting your card and send good energy back to you.