expka(or Elizabeth) is a member from Australia . She has been a member for over 1 year (416 days).
HI everyone! I have a short version for those who are time-short, and a long version for those who like lots of details :D.
I will love anything you send me! Please tell me all about yourself and your city! I am an incredibly curious person! I study Mathematics at University at the moment.
I live in SYDNEY, which is the most amazing city in the world except for the rather unreliable and irritating public transport system. I speak English (in a Sydney sort of way), and am learning Japanese.
- Mathematics! (I'm studying it at University at the moment and I intend to eventually teach it to high school kids)
- Musical Theatre (Favourite musicals are Les Miserables, Cabaret, The Secret Garden, West Side Story, Into The Woods!)
- Classical Music, playing Piano (favourite composers are Beethoven, JS Bach, Sibelius, Tchaikovsky and Shostakovich)
- learning other languages
- interesting weather, pretty clouds and sunsets
- anything quirky!
- trains and trams
- interesting stamps
- receiving mail!
- the beach!
- rocks and stones, geography etc.
- reading novels (favourite books are: Harry Potter, "The Lieutenant" by Kate Grenville (an Australian author) and "A Gathering Light" by Jennifer Donnelly).
- green and blue (the colours, I mean!)
- tea!!! (but I can't do "tea swaps", sorry, Australia Post doesn't like tea being mailed...)
- walking around cities (either Sydney, which always has something interesting to see, or in a foreign country- I think it's the best way to see a city!)
- Sydney :D.
Please tell me about your city, what are the people like? Do you talk to each other on the bus/train? Is there bad traffic? What do you think of your government? Where is your favourite place to sit on a sunny day?
Or about yourself! Where do you go with friends? What are you hobbies? What did you do yesterday? Do you have any pets? What is your favourite fruit? Etc.
Tell me anything!
Also please don't use an envelope unless you think it's extremely necessary, I love postcards written and stamped that have travelled the world by themselves! :D.
If you include your address I will try to write a reply :D.
And sorry, I do tend to ramble on. And on!