Wildfire(or Annie) is a member from New Zealand . She has been a member for over 3 years (1298 days).
My family is me, my husband, our two dogs Ruger & Izzy and our cat Kelty.
My hobbies are geocaching, pets, walking, camping, travelling in New Zealand, reading and spending time online. I also enjoy scrapbooking, cross-stitching and other crafty activities when I get a chance. I sometimes work as a teacher and I am a volunteer for the Red Cross and with my local church.
We have never travelled overseas, so I joined Postcrossing because it seems like an interesting way to learn a little more about other countries and people. So I would really enjoy reading about yourself or your country when you write on your postcard.
I would LOVE to receive polar bear postcards or if you are from Australia, a dingo postcard.
I like any kind of nature, wild animal, landscape or country scene.
I don’t so much like cartoons or people postcards.
I DO NOT wish to receive postcards of:
animals in clothes or cages
tobacco or alcohol related products,
naked or scantily clad people.
-all kinds of bears including koalas & pandas, but especially polar bears
- wolves, foxes & dingoes
- birds, especially small birds, aquatic birds, owls & birds of prey
- sunsets & sunrises,
- cats – “big,” small, art or ‘real’
- horses, unicorns, donkeys, zebras, giraffes
- autumn scenes
- windows, doors, fences, gates, archways
- religious art & icons, particularly the Madonna & Child
- desert scenes & cacti
I would like to collect all the USA states & Canadian provinces
Other things I enjoy are
-National Parks & World Heritage sites
- Planet Earth & conservation themes
-native animals of your country
- all kinds of small creatures such as hamsters, mice, rats, squirrels, otters, rabbits
-animals & birds in the snow
-any kind of animal or nature
- trees & forests
- rivers, lakes & wild coastlines (not tourist beaches)
- reflections & rainbows
- stained glass – religious or otherwise
- historic buildings, cathedrals, churches, monuments & beautiful architecture
- old boats or rustic buildings
- traditional Japanese & Chinese art
- traditional Winnie the Pooh & Beatrix Potter
-children’s book illustrations
Please look at my favourites for more ideas. :)
Around Easter & Christmas I am more than happy to receive postcards with relevant religious scenes or icons.
I am happy to receive art, ad, handmade, glitter, shaped or multi-view postcards on any of these themes too.
I do have favourites but if you send me something else – I may well end up with another kind of favourite. :)
I like my cards written, stamped, dated, and even stickered and decorated if you like to do that kind of thing. Please don’t put them in an envelope unless you really have to.