Taryais a member from Finland . She has been a member for over 4 years (1600 days).
NB! I've got quite a few private swap requests but unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment. I'll take care of the swaps I've already agreed on, eventually.. Please send me a message if you haven't received what I've promised to send.
Hi there! I'm happy to be a member of this community :)
I've been collecting postcards for years and now it's even more fun with postcrossing :)
Here's my list of favourite themes:
- golf (game, golf course or map of it, golf club, clothes, equipment, a famous player, an ad card...)
- rabbits and hares
- nature, landscapes, countryside, villages
- old (especially wooden) buildings
- trekking & hiking, camping, outdoor life (people hiking or camping, camping areas, tents, caravans etc)
- anything related to medicine, healthcare and hospitals, including ad cards
- anything on insurances/insurance companies (ad cards too)
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
- old advertisement cards
- cards with strong colours, pictures of rainy/stormy weather or autumn (my favourite season)
- cards that have something to do with handicraft, crocheting or lace
- public transport (trams, trains, buses, taxis), train or bus stations
- cards on forests, forestry and lumber industry (ad cards)
- cards that tell something about your country's history or culture
- cards by artist Martta Wendelin
- anything related to the British tv drama Heartbeat or the surroundings of "Aidensfield" and "Ashfordly" in real life
- sleeping animals/people
- ordinary/plain looking/ugly people (but please, no funny cards)
- cards related to ballet
- cards of Crown Princess Victoria / the royal wedding in Sweden on 19 June 2010
If you like making cards yourself, you can just draw me a rabbit and send it :)
But, all postcards are welcome - don't worry!!
Rabbit, medicine or golf stamps would be a great surprise too, if you happen to have them.
You can write about anything you like but here's a hint: I'd like to know what makes you happy :)
I travel quite a bit so sometimes my cards may be sent from other towns or countries :)
My avatar shows the area in Karelia where my family is originally from (it used to belong to Finland until 1945).
I hope to hear from you soon :) Have a great day!
* * *
Sent and expired cards:
- FI-1416353 to Elisha21 (Russia), sent on 3 may 2012
- FI-1410081 to Sasha-L (Russia), sent on 26 April 2012
- FI-1401980 to tuchonka (Russia), sent 17 April 2012
Sent, expired and deleted cards:
Australia 2, Belarus 1, Canada 1,
China 5, Finland 1, France 1
Germany 2, Indonesia 1, Lithuania 2
Malaysia 1, Netherlands 1, Poland 1,
Russia 1, Singapore 1, Taiwan 4,
Turkey 2, USA 4