OnyxLovesMailis a member from United States of America . She has been a member for over 2 years (1037 days).
I live in the beautiful Ozark mountains of Arkansas and enjoy taking walks with my dogs. I also enjoy spending time with my close circle of friends and my husband, and volunteering in the community. In my work I read a lot, and write some as well. In the winter I like cooking, especially soups, and in the summer I could eat fresh fruits or vegetables for every meal and be happy.
Postcrossing is a lovely way to "see" the world when travel is not always possible, and to think about how others see life.
I love all post cards, but I am especially fond of:
- scenes showing a path or road going off in the distance,
- pictures of foods or beverages,
- references to food and ag law/policy or history,
- dogs, especially herding breeds,
- historical scenes/b&w photos (especially related to women in history),
- pictures of cows, chickens, pigs, or other farm animals,
- pictures of people working on a farm or working with/selling food,
- landscapes, especially landscapes showing dogs and/or water,
- pop culture/film/fun postcards,
- postcards of paintings.
I love learning new things and would like to hear something about you and your daily life. If you are not comfortable sharing I would love to hear about your favorite food or meal. Whatever you write, I am looking forward to hearing from you!
The sad part of Postcrossing: expired postcards. I got so frustrated about the run of expired postcards from June 2011 I quit Postcrossing for a bit, but decided to come back later in the summer in support of the United States Post Office.
February 2012 to vishni in Ukraine; US-1563911
February 2012 to alicegvr in Netherlands; US-1563887
December 2012 to leptas in China; US-1438782
August 2011 to sunnywong in China; US-1252975
June 2011 to RichieLW in UK; US-1159286
June 2011 to pige in Finland; US-1147901
June 2011 to yxt in China; US-1146417
February 2011 to maria_bella in Russia; US-1014919
January 2011 to Furiae in Canada; US-982412