Nature-Lover(or Julie) is a member from Canada . She has been a member for over 5 years (1946 days).
*** I am currently away from my snail box. I will be back home on May 28th and will register all postcards then, sorry for the delay.
I live near Thunder Bay which is located in Northwestern Ontario beside Lake Superior. I love nature and all animals and I have worked in Forest and Wildlife research for over 20 years.
I have collected postcards since I was a young girl and I would love to receive more postcards from all over the world, especially any of the following subjects:
• a postcard from my favourites (I don't have any of them yet, but I would LOVE to add them to my postcard collection): http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Nature-Lover/gallery/favourites
• Wild animals & birds in your country (especially Foxes, Wild Cats, Woodpeckers & Owls)
• Scenic & amazing landscapes
• National Parks
• UNESCO World Heritage Sites
• Maps / Flags
• Natural phenomena (Northern Lights, storms, etc.)
• Tundra & Alpine regions of your country
• Mountainous areas
• Trees, Flowers & other unique plants of your country
• Windows, doors & interesting streets
• Wintery & snowy scenes - I love snow!
• Colourful Autumn scenery
• Anything related to the Arctic/Antarctic regions
• Historical sections (or buildings) of your city
• Aerial or street view of your city
• Anything related to the post office (e.g. postboxes)
• Somewhere special you traveled to and recommend
• Indigenous peoples
• Interesting Facts Postcards (e.g. "Did You Know")
• Then & Now Postcards
• Vintage black & white (or sepia) real photo postcards
• Chinese New Year Postcards
• Calendar postcards
• Chinese ink drawings/paintings
• postcards showing Cameras (I collect vintage film cameras)
• Christmas & Santa Claus
• Photo postcards: if you are into photography and have made postcards out of your own photographs, I would love to receive one.
I love both single and multi-view postcards (of any size or shape)
Postcards I am not fond of are:
• Art (paintings, drawings, etc., except for Chinese & Japanese art)
• Ad cards
• Cartoons (I prefer real photo postcards)
• plain folding or greeting cards - except for Christmas cards
• postcards with a typed message rather than hand written
I would be REALLY happy if you sent the postcard, dated with interesting stamps and information, and not in an envelope. If you really want to send the postcard in an envelope then would you please use interesting stamps on the envelope so I can transfer them to the postcard.
If you are stuck about what to write then tell me about the weather and whether it is normal or very different for this time of the year. I have a strong interest in the climate around the world.
When I receive a postcard from my Postcrossing Favourites list, I remove it so that I do not receive it again. This doesn't mean that it is no longer a Favourite postcard for me.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.