Marianna7is a member from United Kingdom . She has been a member for over 1 year (503 days).
Hello there World !
I am a great believer in writing with a pen instead the PC and love writing letters also as receiving them.
People put their soul in the written word.
I love the written word and a few of my favorite authors and poets are : Julio Cortazar, Homer, Jeanette Winterson, Virginia Woolf, Cormac Mc.Carthy, Flann O'Brian, Yukio Mishima, Frank O'Hara, Erich Fried, Anna Akhmatova, Vladimir Mayakowsky and Louise Bourgeois.
If you could find me a card of those below, you make my day :
- a Painting by Ilya Repin **
- a piece of art, preferable a sculpture of your country.
- Picture taken by Julia Margaret Cameron
- Photographic portraits
- maybe you got ANY illustration by Walter Crane in the cupboard ??
- Vladimir Mayakovsky
- an illustration of Aubrey Beardsley
- castles, ruins or archaeological sites
- daily life of Native American Indians
- Viking artefacts
- Jellyfish and Octopus,
- Krokodiles, Lizards, Komodo dragons
- Flying Birds / Seabirds (I mean BIRDS, not pretty pets)
- Empty spaces, huge landscapes, deserts,
- Arctic, Antarctic and their explorers
- Forests, trees, leafs and weed!
PLEASE BE BRAVE AND WRITE SOME WORDS DIRECT FROM YOUR SOUL (or send me a letter, if you feel like!); I am not really interested, if you are "happy married" or how many dogs and cats you got ....
There is so much more to tell, share, get rid of, explain, complain, engage with - even on the small space of a postcard.
So, have a try !
** Repin received :
- Portrait of the composer Moussorgsky
- Zaporozhian Cossacks
- Sadko in the Underwater Kingdom
- What Fredom
- Writer Ivan Turgenev
- Portrait of Vera Repina
- Barge Haulers on the Volga (would love another one)