LyndaC(or Lynda) is a member from Canada . She has been a member for over 1 year (662 days).
I love to get mail that is not a bill. Opening up the mail box and finding a postcard makes me happy! I enjoy going to the theater especially the Stratford Shakespearean Festival in Stratford, Ontario. I watch hockey, tennis and baseball. I love to travel and I have been to the United States, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Belgium, England, France, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Portugal.
I can order a beer or glass of wine in many languages.
NO nudes or risque pictures. If you aren't sure don't send it.
If you are artistic I don't mind a handdrawn card but a sticker stuck on a sheet of paper is not a postcard.
ANY postcard you send is great. If you want some ideas the following are just suggestions.
- I have decided to use favorites for postcards I would like to get. So if you can't find anything on this list look at my favorites and send me something LIKE them.
- rooster (male chicken) cards though I know they aren't easy to find.
- Inge's old ladies. I like all the other old ladies or old men postcards too. I am an old lady. I love postcards of nuns.
- Any card from Paris sent from anywhere in the world.
- Tennis, Baseball, Hockey, Theater postcards.
- Subway (Metro) stations or maps. I have maps of Berlin, Kiev, Moscow, Minsk, Munich, Paris, Seoul, and Vienna Metros. I love the beautiful Stations as well. I have a few Moscow Stations.
- Harry Potter, TV shows, Movies and Movie Stars. Star Trek, Big Bang, LOTR, James Bond, Superman etc.
- Flag or map cards of your country or area.
- small and baby animals especially hedgehogs, penguins and bears
- Where's Asterix
- An advertising card is ok especially old classic ads.
- Cards that have multiple items like Samovars, or hats, or feet.
- A postcard that shows the town or area where you live would be nice too.
- The most well known food, tourist attraction or Festival in your country like Munich's Octoberfest or Munster, Edam or Gouda Cheese from Munster, Edam or Gouda etc.
- Ethnic costumes
- Your favourite card (tell me why you like it)
TAIWAN: I would love a postcard of Aletheia University because Rev MacKay comes from my area.
If the card is in your language please translate it for me. I like to add the description to my postcard wall.
If a postcard sent to me is long overdue, contact me and I will check to make sure I haven't missed registering it. I'm old - I'm allowed to be forgetful.