Lmsmil(or Lauren) is a member from United States of America . She has been a member for over 1 year (458 days).
My name is Lauren, and I live in the tiny state of Delaware in the USA. I love to learn about other people and places and am excited to join this postcard exchange! I can't wait to meet you by post, to read about you and your hometown. Perhaps we share a common interest? I work in a public library and love to read and talk about books! My other favorite activities include cooking (and eating!), gardening, travelling, horseback riding, hiking, and listening to music. If you like to cook, too, feel free to send a recipe! I also love learning new languages and quotations. I do value your writing as much as your card selection! Please just write whatever you're inspired to, as I am happy to listen. :)
I have such fun perusing the postcard galleries! I’ve collected cards for years and sometimes decorate with them. I especially enjoy those that capture the beauty, charm, and whimsy in this world! I originally had the idea not to be too specific with a card wish list. I like surprises: you might choose something for me I didn’t even know I’d like or introduce me to something new that you enjoy! But direct swap requests have been asking for specifics, so here are some subject ideas (in no order), in case this makes your life a bit easier!
* postcard showing anything you love about the place you live -- landmarks, traditions, etc. What should I see or do if I visit your country? :)
• postcard and/or stamps commemorating the Olympics!
• photography, esp. dynamic photos capturing movement, shadows, or emotion; vintage photos, black & white, unusual perspective, filtered light
• fashion art - vintage and modern; beautiful dresses, wedding gowns
• dance – esp. ballet, Irish, folk dance, tango, flamenco
• natural wonders; lovely land- and seascapes
• gardens, fruits, and flowers (esp. cherry blossoms, peonies, daffodils, lily of the valley, blue flowers)
• animals – esp. birds, horses (with their people, too), donkeys, goats, pigs, elephants, giraffes
• trees – and treehouses!
• trains, train stations
• weather (ice, snow, mist, storms, etc.) and the sky, clouds, moon, aurora borealis, dawn, dusk – atmospheric drama, I guess!
• beautiful stamps
• bright colors
• maps showing what your region is known for; city, metro maps
• books, poetry, writers
* fairy tales
• old typeset and interesting fonts; calligraphy, pencils, pens
• wrought iron
• unusual or beautiful architecture (I really love Gehry, Gaudi, and Wright)
• William and Kate, other royals
• films; movie stars, esp. Audrey Hepburn
• windows, doors, staircases, balconies
• food & cooking; bakeries
• art and illustration
* handmade cards WELCOME!
If you'd like to see some cards that appeal to me, please check out my Favourites. But don’t feel constrained by these ideas! I appreciate any well-travelled little card that comes to my mailbox. Best wishes, and thanks for writing (and reading all this)!