Kfartalnik(or Daria) is a member in Poland . She has been a member for over 3 years (1342 days).
My name is Daria, I’m 24 years old and I live in Kraków, Poland, where I’m studying my absolutely beloved subject – History of Art.
Of course, I will be happy with every postcard I’ll receive, but if I could made any subtle suggestions, I would love to get a card with a picture of:
- MOST OF ALL: an interesting historical or modern buildings from your city (I like antiquity, renaissance and neoclassicism the most, but I am interested in all the other styles as well, especially in those which are difficult to define ;)).
- a historical view (an old photograph or drawing) of the city
- an air view of your city
- a landscape from your region (I especially like mountains)
- drawings from the famous, little bit old fashioned children books or old cartoons (I love Moomins, Miffy, Barbapapa, Le Petit Nicolas, The Little Prince, Krtek, Winnie the Pooh, Paddington Bear, books by Roald Dahl, ... )
- anything else that is characteristic for your country
- something from my 'favs', or similar
As I believe that: a) both sides of the card are equally important; b) Postcrossing may be one of the ways to explore and to learn about how wonderful and diversed our world is, I would like to ask you for another thing – if you’d be so kind to describe me shortly one of the following:
- some tradition specific to your region
- some crucial episode from your country’s history (important war, revolution, „golden age”, reign of important monarch etc…)
- a short presentation of your famous compatriot (polititian, national hero, writer, artist, sportsman, etc…)
- an interesting geographical fact about your country
- anything else that you think I should know about your country :)
I’m looking forward for your postcards,
Best wishes, whoever you are,