Joycevs(or Joyce) is a member from Netherlands . She has been a member for 12 months (350 days).
Hi, I'm Joyce.
I've been here for a while now, and I can say I love postcrossing. I really love to send and receive cards. My boyfriend is also a postcrosser and we're putting our cards on the bathroom wall. So now it's a fun room to stay in :)
I study social work - pedagogy and love to work with children and their parents who are in a worse situation then where I come from.
Besides that I love music a lot. Love to play a good album, but also to sing and I would love to learn to play guitar and piano a little bit more.
And I'm a creative girl, love to make paintings or a collage to put in my room.
My boyfriend recently asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes. So maybe you can tell something about how marriages are in your country. We have to think of what we want now, it's a hard job. So any advice is welcome :)
I would love to receive cards that show:
- I LOVE Coca Cola ad cards.. especially the old ones
- things about the city you live in (out of the ordinary..)
I would like to travel the world through cards.. A bit less expensive than traveling it for real ;) Would you tell me what I see in the picture?
- (crazy) Kids/people I also like on postcards.. (like MILK cards.. I really LOVE them!)
- Pictures like Cornelis Jetses's, Anton Pieck's, Rien Poortvliet's (me and my boyfriend are collecting their books too)
- Musicians/bands of any kind.
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn..
- Vintage/Retro cards
- Nouvelles Images
- History, Black&White, reprints of old postcards
- Bright, colorful cards.. Flowers I like when they are graphic (no photographs or paintings)
If you have a recipe which you like a lot, or something that is typical for your country, could you send it along with the card? Please write or print it on a separate piece of paper, so I can keep it with the rest of my recipes! Any traditional dish, whether it's a main course, side dish or something sweet does't matter.. I love pretty much everything!
If your card has been travelling for a long time and I didn't register it, please contact me. I can check if I got the postcard and if you also send me your ID, I will register it.